Monday, August 24, 2009

Magical Hobbitts, hoarders and Spoiled dogs

I am house sitting for my great aunt and second cousin. They have a dog (I think its a terrier) that is the most spoiled little thing I think I have ever encountered. In the morning, he wakes up at 5am expecting you to get him his special homemade biscuit and he will shake the bed until you get it for him and open his doggie door. Then, at 8 or 9 he expects breakfast which includes a diced and peeled slice of apple. At noon, he gets a special green bone and will whimper until he gets it. Then, he gets dinner around 5 and before bed, he begs for string cheese, that you have to string for him. It is quite ridiculous.

On top of the dog, I was snooping around the house and discovered my second cousin is a hoarder! My roommate, Courtney, and I had just watched an A&E special on hoarders and were thinking that was insane. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I knew someone who was one! her basement has 3 good sized rooms, including her bedroom, that are packed to the walls with junk. I mean, newspapers, panty hose galore, coffee mugs and who knows what else. It is actually quite humerus but not at the same time.

Courtney and I also went to explore hobbitville in Salt Lake which is a little neighborhood for, well, hobbits. We entered the little entrance and out pops a scary looking man with a huge flashlight. He literally came out of nowhere. When he came up and asked us (with absolutely NO emotion) where we were going, we said we were from California and didn't know. He then started a 10 minute conversation about California drivers and Utah drivers, told us the road looped, and then disappeared, literally. Quite exciting.
I might come visit SLO in a week because my start date for work was pushed back a week so it would be a perfect opportunity. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...