Sunday, November 7, 2010

You Can't Fix Stupid...

The title of this blog has nothing to do with the blog other than the funny sign on the way to Lexi's water polo game in Modesto that read,  "You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out."  For some reason, it had us all in the car laughing for a good while.

The weekend in Napa flew by!  Its true that time flies when you're having fun (or when its daylight savings time).  I got in Thursday night, after spending the day with the stomach flu-no fun.  Luckily, it was only a 24 hour bug and was mostly gone by the time I got into Oakland, grateful that mama B stocked up on some saltines, ginger ale, and applesauce for me (such a good mama!).   Friday I was presented with the Brad head, which got me super excited to flaunt it about at the Big Game that night.  Although Vintage lost, my baby bro played amazingly and I couldn't be prouder of him in all he has accomplished and has yet to accomplish.  He will do great things.  Plain and simple.

Love these kids

#9. Such a stud

The Brad head!! Any resemblance?

Also on Friday, my darling Katy drove up from Walnut Creek to spend the evening with me at the game.  It was wonderful to see her and hear of her adventures thus far as Mrs. Kevin Teel.

Katy!

Saturday, I met up with Garrett (Drew's big brother) on our way to Lexi's game.  I think the girls may have enjoyed his presence at the game more than I did! Jokes!  That was not possible.  I had missed him greatly and it is always a joy to be with him.  That was his first water polo game, and he spectated like a pro, shared some new heckles for bad reffing, and pointed out a spelling error on the taco truck that is always at the high school Lexi's game was at.

Garrett, in the flesh


Cattering?

Vintage also lost the water polo game, but I was once again very proud of my little sis.  She has greatness in her that is so contagious and I'm excited to see what she does next.  I truly am anxious for the twins to graduate high school and experience post high school.  I am grateful for the past 5 years of my life and know that they will have amazing experiences in their next few years, as well.

 Love her
Work it!
I survived flying standby (its all about schmoozing the desk attendants), made it back to Utah safely, and was greeted by my handsome stud muffin.


Awww, so presh
Wishing all a great week --hopefully short, like mine, with Veteran's Day on Thursday-- and sending all my love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...