| Newest addition to the Green family |
We finally discovered some decent sushi in Utah. We honestly believed that it did not exist. Our old bishop, however, recommended the restraunt Jasmin to us. We paid them a visit on Friday and left satisfied rather than purely disgusted, as has been the case with all other sushi tried in Utah. It was delicious!
A funny story:
My family used to make fun of me because I would go to the bathroom in EVERY restaurant we would eat at. Well, I still do this. Let me explain why. I believe restaurant owners put thought into the design of their bathroom, thus they should be enjoyed by the patrons eating the food. Also, I have had many good laughs and experiences with the way bathrooms are decorated or the items that are in them. For example, at Jasmin, I walked into a stall (the one that did not have 2 toilets in one stall...) to find a changing table with this logo on it:
![]() |
| "I'll be over here while you do your business in your little oasis, dear." hahaha |
I laughed the whole time I was using the restroom. The mama elephant is just letting her kid chill and do his business in his little oasis of fun. Dallin does not think it is that funny, but I am easily amused.
Next example. At a Thai place that we ate at with his family, I entered this:
![]() |
| Bathroom Garden |
Yes. They had decorated their bathroom as if you were doing your business in nature, surrounded by trees, leaves on the ground, vines providing you with natural privacy and flowers blooming around you. See? Bathrooms are worth visiting at restaurants. You never know what you're going to find!
I have taken on a project! It was briefly discussed in the video tour. Dallin got a dresser from his grandma's garage that I'm pretty sure is DECADES old. The wood underneath the putrid, yellow paint is a beautiful light wood. Therefore, I have decided to refinish this undercover beauty. I started on Saturday and have found the process of stripping the paint and staining quite therapeutic. I suppose I get it from Mama B, seeing as she will tell you the same thing about refinishing furniture. My next few Saturdays will be filled with bliss as I complete this project.
![]() |
| New and old drawer compare and contrast |
| Original |
One last story before we leave you. Saturday we were driving downtown to meet up with some friends at the Gateway. We were at a stop light right by Pioneer Park where, apparently it is illegal to "feed the homeless" as Dallin says (get the picture?), when a man is almost hit by a police car as he jaywalks across the intersection into the park. Poor guy, right? Well, little did he know, waiting on the corner for him is a woman, who seems to have lost her marbles (if you get what I'm saying), ready to fight him for jaywalking. She dramaticly pokes him and pushes him and screams in his face. He tries to walk away, when she comes up behind him. I thought for sure she was going to spider monkey his back. Anyway, she continues to yell and throw a fuss, however, I did not get to see how the conflict was resolved because Dallin would not pull over to allow me to watch the spectacle before us. By the time I got him to turn around, both were walking their own seperate ways, the woman smoking a cigarette while relaying her experience to a different man walking next to her, and the other man walking solemnly away with his head drooped. These instances are why I LOVE to people watch. You never know what is going to happen. People are so interesting.
![]() |
| Snapshot of the residents of Pioneer Park |
We love you. Don't jaywalk. Enjoy spring!
![]() |
| Our little budding tulips in the front yard |





No comments:
Post a Comment