This do-nothing weekend followed an intense weekend during which our adrenaline was shot through the roof as we paint-balled our hearts out with our friends Darrell and Summer. This was my first time and I have decided I do not like being hunted, even if it was by four deaf guys. I will say, I liked being on the same team as Dallin-he is very sneaky and has a good shot under pressure, unlike me who shot at anything that moved INCLUDING Dallin a time or two and the referee...I do better with guns in a shooting range.
| Our "Darth Vader" masks as my little boy called them |
For those of you who don't know, "The Walking Dead" is a zombie show on AMC that is creepily addicting (as mama B puts it). We attempted to watch the first episode a few months ago only to be shocked at the graphicness of the show. However, after talking to many, MANY peers about the show, we decided to give it another chance. To our gratefulness, the next episodes were not as graphic as the first and the story line really did reel us in, making us Walking Dead addicts. Well, I should say me, not us, seeing as Dallin was not as into it as I was...What does that say about me? I think what most grabs me is that the main characters are not your typical Captain Americas, saving the day. Instead, the group consists of rednecks, gangsters, rednecks and some more rednecks. Anyway, I am anxiously waiting for the second season to be on Netflix streaming so I can find out what happens to our not run-of-the-mill heroes in the zombie-infested city of Atlanta.
Which leads me into some things we have been wondering lately in the Green home. If anyone has any thoughts to help us understand, please feel free to share them.
Green Wonders:
How do pedestrians get hit by trains when crossing at a designated pedestrian crosswalk?
There are one too many "Trax vs. Pedestrian" news reports on the local news/radio. Last year, there were 11 deaths due to being hit by a train in Salt Lake. Honestly? There are blinking read lights, bells and let's not forget the giant train.
Anti-Zombie bullets (click for the article) have skyrocketed in sales
Really? I know there was a face-eating incident from a man who was so far out of his mind on bath salts, but does that constitute a need for fear of real zombies to the point we will buy bullets specifically made to kill zombies? And, how in the world do these people who made these bullets know they will work? Is there a vat of zombies underground somewhere where this research is being done?
People driving below the speed limit in the farthest left lane of the freeway
Honestly, this one, we fear, will never be answered by anything other than obliviousness and stupidity...
How can we write an award winning, best selling children's book?
Okay, this one is really just on my bucket list. I just need an idea, an illustrator (unless my awesome star wars characters will suffice), a publisher, an editor, the works
Dog sweaters
They have fur for a reason.
The "Planet Earth" series is phenomenal
How come teachers when we were growing up didn't make the geography of our planet THIS interesting? Also, the mating rituals each species does is so fascinating, and some creepily resemble that of humans. We also love how the British narrator pronounces puma and other words.
Its a wonder we ever sleep at night with all this on our minds, right?!?! We hope everyone is enjoying warm weather in one way or another and is getting ready for Father's Day, Fourth of July, Pioneer Day and Dallin's 26th Birthday! I know he is since I have been talking up his birthday present for a month now...

oh Kel, I'm so excited that you like Walking Dead as much as I do. Now I don't feel so much like a creep for watching it. Also, I LOVE the Earth series!!! And just you! Love your blog! Every time I read it I think, "I should start a blog." But I'm not sure anyone would read it, or that Matt and I have that exciting of a life to write about. haha!
ReplyDeletelove you!
Oh Jamie, how I love you. Dallin always says, "I didn't know we had such and interesting life" after he reads each blog post. Its all about adding pizazz to your everyday life haha
DeleteMaybe you and I can co-write a book. Daniel keeps telling me I need to write a kids book that will make us millions. We both know I've read millions of books that I should have some idea for a good book. Maybe that's what I'll do with my "mommy" time :) And I think unfortunately we are overly blessed with Idiots here in Utah. People think they are faster than the trains and don't need to listen to or look at the lights. Maybe that's what we could write a book about. How not to be an idiot in Utah. We could title it "How to be an Idiot in the state of Utah" page 1...Ignore all trax traffic signals, after all you are smarter and bigger than the train. Page 2...Drive as slow as you can in the fast lane and let OTHERS pass you, what is the hurry?
ReplyDeleteHA! I smell a bestseller. I am completely serious when I say I would LOVE to co-write a book with you. Seriously. We should start brainstorming ideas, looking into what we need to do etc.etc. Well, I suppose you can focus on giving birth and getting to know little Variah first...but then its millionaire time!
Delete