This little-big man is one month old today (okay...I may have forgotten to take a picture on his one-month-a-birthday until after we were putting him down for the night)! Some days I think, "Its only been a month?!" and other days I think, "I can't believe its only been a month...seems so much longer..." Overall, it has been a month full of smiles, tears, prayers, oohs, aahs, snuggles, bouncing (LOTS of bouncing) and just building a relationship with our newest family member. He brings a spirit into our home that just makes everything all right. We joke when he stares off at the wall that he has a visitor from heaven telling him sweet things.
 |
| Taken 2 days before his official one-month-a-birthday |
 |
| So excited to be one month old today |
Last Sunday we blessed him which was a neat little experience to have Dallin exercise the Priesthood to bless our baby boy with guidance and strength through his life. With the Green family reunion and mama B finishing up her summer vacation with us, we got to spend the day with family. We missed the ones that could not make it, but know we will get to see them soon. Plus, our little basement apartment was about as full as it could be!
Sunday, July 14, Luke was given a beautiful blessing from his amazing
daddy. Dallin and I would always joke that baby blessings were more of
a "This is what I want you to do in life" rather than a blessing to
help guide the kid through whatever life may bring. We also would
always giggle at the Lion King lift at the end. Dallin was determined
to not do that part, but the pressure of the congregation anxiously
awaiting the lift, we could not resist. However, he did do a great job
of blessing Luke with a blessing he can carry with him through his life.
It was such a gift to have Dallin, Brad and Jared as part of the small
circle of Priesthood holders who laid their hands on that precious
babes. I truly felt how sweet his spirit is as his blessing was given.
And now some pictures with the family we had visit and the past month of Luke's life:
The
week before Luke's blessing, Dallin's mom and dad came through for a
visit. Carol stayed for the whole week which was nice to have an
experienced mom giving a helping hand seeing as I was really starting to
struggle at that point. The first few weeks did not see too bad, but
by week 3, I was ready for some help with the babes.
We
had a little Fourth of July BBQ with his brother, Jared, and his wife,
Hailey, as well as our good friend Paige (whom has been such a blessing
with newborn Spud), Carol, Erban and our other good friend Darrell. It
was a nice, hot day to celebrate and break up the routine of sitting at
home with Lukers.
 |
| Nana got him some super snazzy socks |
 |
| Nana doing exercises with Luke, Lex and Brad playing Special Ops |
 |
| This is what we call Sumobaby |
The two weeks after his blessing,
my mom stayed with us. There is truth when people say you will always
need your mom, no matter what stage in life you are in. It was so nice
having her here, basically forcing me to get out of the house without a
baby, go on walks to let out all the frustrations and really just be
there.
 |
| I get this "Seriously, mom?" look a lot |
 |
| This is what I walked in on one night when Spud was having a hard time going to sleep after about 20 minutes of silence to see if D needed a break. Just some bonding time |
 |
| Kind of in love with this face and those oh-so kissable cheeks |
 |
| Uncle Bubs meeting Luke for the first time at 2 weeks old |
 |
| Our little family |
Soo cute!
ReplyDelete