Sunday, August 23, 2015

Caleb's Blessing and a Visit from Papa

On August 2nd, 2015, Dallin gave sweet Caleb a beautiful baby blessing, along with grandpa Green, Uncle Jared and Brother Page.  It was filled with love, hope and above all, gave us peace about just how amazing little Caleb is. He wore the same little outfit that Luke did for his baby blessing, even added some of his spit up to the stains and gave us a reason to make some delicious crepes. They were seriously amazing. We were so busy eating them that we didn't even get a picture of them.

THE picture of the day. Hats off to grandma and grandpa Green for getting the perfect picture

3 Generations of Green boys

This is real life folks

Nana

Nana and Auntie Lexi




I kind of like these boys

Lexi says she likes this baby

Sisters!

Don't mind the grumpy, hungry 2-year-old

The man of the hour snoozed the ENTIRE time. I promise he is alive

 Having two babes in the home, without help has been a myriad of things including fun, stressful, crazy, chaos, love galore, humorous and so many other things. I joked the other day after going to a good friend's wedding reception that I am not the poster child to encourage newlyweds to have children. Some women just look so put together with the kids calm and relaxed and there is me who feels like a hot mess who has just learned to laugh at her 2-year-old eating the caddy's ice out of the icebox as well as spilt candy off the floor and her 2-month-old sucking on a stranger's arm. I love it. Some parts I'm not a huge fan of and sure it would have been nice to sit and chat with people I had not seen in years, but beyond the exhaustion, frustrations and sometimes tears, these boys just make me smile at the end of the day and I know they are perfect in our family.

Luke finds a spot on me anyway he can

How big brother entertains baby Caleb while mom pumps

At least he is sanitary...
Spud kisses this babe any chance he gets. Nevermind his hair steps. The kid will not let me trim around the ears!
"I gotta pump my milk, mama."

Cheese ball

One second we're all crying...

The next life is good.

On especially chaotic days, Mighty Machines is our life boat

The tremendous twos are in full swing over here

This sweet face always bring peace

Helping give Caleb a bath
 
His hugs are suffocating sometimes, but he LOVES his baby brother





 


 
And then we sleep
Our sweet friends, the Ellsworths, whom we met in San Luis Obispo had the sweetest little boy a year ago. He happens to have Down Syndrome as well. When they were in town for a wedding, we got a quick visit from them so that our special boys could meet. 
Caleb and Jed
We sold Dallin's beloved Mazda and upgraded to a "Mom Car," as he calls it so that we could fit all our junk a little easier. Dallin gets sad about his car every now and again, but Agnes eases the pain.


Right before they came to buy his car

Money, money, money!
Meet Agnes. Our new Hyundai Santa Fe
 Last weekend, my dad came to visit for a few days. Letting him get to meet Caleb and be reminded how crazy 2-year-olds can be, was awesome. We had a few adventures including hiking Mueller Trail, playing in the creek, playing with the hose, riding "Lightening McQueen" and petting animals at the fair and just enjoying papa time.



The teepees on our hike



Showing papa how he shares his toys with Caleb

Hiking buddies


Famelfie!

Undies in the creek!

Quality time...

Floor time with papa

Riding in Lightening!

Despite his face, he was stoked to be on this ride

He was not sure about the carousel

Petting animals

Davis Fair time!

Papa time
 The night papa left, we eased the pain with a neighborhood walk about. Our neighborhood does these about once a month. Basically, everyone walks to checkpoints, which are at different houses each time, and just chat and visit and enjoy treats. Luke has a blast and it is a great way for us to get to know our neighbors better!
Sneaking other people's Popsicles on the walk about.
We sure enjoyed having papa here for a few days to share in our craziness! We hope all are having a great August and enjoying each day because it is already August of 2015. Time is flying! Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. The transition from one to two kids is no joke! I don't think I put on jeans for the couple of months. Your boys look so sweet. They sure are lucky to have you in their lives (Dallin too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, you are so put together! A lady in my ward just had a baby and about 3 weeks later she was at church with her 3 kids, makeup on, looking great! I leaned over to Cameron and told him, "I don't think I had even put a normal bra on by the time Nathan was 3 weeks old. He goes, "nope." I was a wreck! You look amazing, BTW. Your body looks like you've had ZERO children. I am jealous. Also, the picture of Luke giving Caleb kisses is so adorable. Also, I am so jealous of your mom car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a complete wreck with luke. Pretty sure I didn't get dressed until he was well over a month old! This recovery has been a thousand times better. Also, my super easy, lazy girl's haircut makes me look more put together than I actually am. If it were longer, you would see how I do my hair never. You're beautiful!

      Delete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...