After taking our time driving back from our Colorado Thanksgiving, we went on a search for our Christmas tree. After 2 stores and 2 tree farms later, we decided to get an artificial tree due to slightly outrageous prices for real trees. Dallin was torn about the decision, but we ultimately are very happy with our little tree.
Caleb is officially OBSESSED with Santa Clause. He got to meet multiple Santas at Cabela's, Christkindlemarket (a German Christmas market at This is the Place) and the ward Christmas party. You better believe was excited every single time. The Grinch is still a favorite, but I'm pretty sure that is because the Grinch has Caleb's ornery side mixed with his jolly Santa side. He is all about a transformation story.
While the boys went to Kristkindlemarket with Loel and Dallin, I snuggled a feverish little miss Aida who was not feeling all that great. Thankfully, she seemed to be doing better the next day, but she was the saddest little baby.
The theme for the ward Christmas party this year was Ugly sweaters. We decided to take it back to the 90's with iron ons and puff paints. Luke loved adding little embellishments, Caleb was stoked to wear Santa on his chest, Dallin and I just laughed way too much while creating puffy Christmas sweaters. I ran out of time to make one for myself, so I found a DI sweater and sewed poinsettias on to it. All were happy Christmas campers.
While eating on Main Street one afternoon for lunch with Dallin, we came across a cute little store that sells products made by local vendors. One of them were the cutest little Scandinavian gnomes. Come to find out, the maker of the gnomes was teaching a class the next week on how to make them. Dallin signed me up, I went and became a bit obsessed with these littles guys. Everyone got gnomes for Christmas this year.
Other projects we tackeld this Christmas season:
Making the boys 30-year-old bunkbed safer after Luke jumped in one night and his bed collapsed down to Caleb's. Luckily, Caleb had not climbed in, yet. The next day Dallin was buying wood to ensure that didn't happen again.
Letters to Santa! Luke asked for a Lego Mindstorm Robot and a Gravity Maze.
Lots of baking! I wish I could say we gave it all away, but we didn't. We shared a little, but our neighbor gifts where Holiday Potpourri bags, so most of the baked goods stayed with us.
Christmas Eve was spent with our Nazareth supper, again. We are truly loving this new little tradition. The boys get so excited and love helping cut up everything and we love the quiet meal in candlelight. We did our traditional luminarias and the kiddos got new pjs to sleep in.
Christmas day was spent opening presents, playing with presents then went up to Idaho to spend Christmas afternoon with Dallin's parents. We had meltdowns. We had excitement that led to the meltdowns. We had a good little Christmas.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment