Monday, December 7, 2009

"The key to change is to let go of fear" - Rosanne Cash

After a few weeks of contemplating and getting tired of my hair being a weird color without the sun here to do its natural bleaching, I went for it and dyed my hair dark! Courtney's sister goes to a beauty school and did it for me for a very affordable price. The change has been good, really good! The color, Courtney and I think, evens out my skin tone and does not wash me out as much as my blond did. However, you all can judge for yourselves.

Before

and...


After

Braden and I went to the Christmas devotional on Sunday in the conference center. We were running late which caused us to literally sprint four blocks to make it to the doors before they closed them. Running in ten degree weather with a stuffy nose was not much fun. I could not breathe! Anyway, I am always impressed with the conference center. The building is such an amazing building and the messages shared within its walls are inspirational as well as uplifting, reminding all of the true meaning of Christmas. Always worth reminding when it is easy to get caught up in the lights, shopping, and presents. After, we walked around Temple Square which is decorated beautifully with Christmas lights.


I got to go to Colorado for Thanksgiving, which was a HUGE blessing. I got to spend time with grandma Dunning (who is always good company), Papa and Bev who are finally feeling better, which I was glad to see, and spend time with my cousins, including my three year old second cousin, Joseph. He is very energetic who apparently loves young girls. He could not be in a room that I was not. Good little change from my little guys at work; not having to prompt him to socialize with others and such.

Courtney and I got thrid row tickets to the Grizzlies hockey game last Wednesday from a friend in our ward. We were right by the teams and could feel ice come through the cracks. Man do those players stink! Nonetheless, we enjoyed ourselves.

Stinky boys!

The provider of the tickets (The one in yellow; and the only male)

Other than that life is good. Lots of fresh fallen snow that is beautiful, light and powdery. I'm learning to break sooner so that I do not slide, although it is somewhat fun to slide. Counting down the days to Napa and family. "Christmas on a budget" has been entertaining, though. I am knitting, sewing, painting and forcing myself to be creative so that I can give gifts that are meaningful, yet affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...