I chose the quote above by Nelson Mandela for the simple reason that we need both to make decisions in life. I have been talking to many people who are trying to make decisions and they seem to all have the same problem: They don't know whether to listen to their head, or their heart. The truth is, you need both. Thank you Nelson Mandela! (By the way, I really want to see the new movie about him, "Invictus." Dallin saw it and said it was really good).
I finished my largest scarf last night for my friend Jamie. I am very impressed with accomplishing this, seeing as I have inherited my mom's trait of starting projects and then not having time or patience to actually finish them (no offense mama B!). I also have finished all my Christmas gifts and shopping which is, for me, a huge accomplishment to be done so early in the month.
Eight days until I get to be back in Napa with family. I am excited to see all of them, as well as meet up with some friends. Shout out to Bubba (Brad) and his knee! He is one tough cookie. I could barely handle my wisdom teeth and he is, from what I hear and have to talked to him, doing well, all things considered. By the way, if you read this Bubba, be lucky that you don't look like poor Quinn...He REALLY did not do well with anesthesia and pain killers!
Courtney and I had another exciting weekend. Friday we spent some time taking Christmas photos with our skeleton, Quinn, who is the "man" of the house, followed by Christmas shopping. Saturday, we watched "500 Days of Summer," and put together some gifts. I know, I know, we are too exciting for words. However, at church today we received callings to be co-chairs on the activities committee. Think they are trying to get us more involved in ward activities? We are excited that we are doing it together, because we do have a blast with one another, and have already started brainstorming ideas. If anyone has any fun things to do, LET US KNOW!! All ideas are welcome.
Mr. Nutcracker fainted of exhaustion from all the excitement
This is Quinn. You might know his cousin, Jack Skeleton from "The Nightmare Before Christmas." However, Quinn is much more useful and studly than Jack.Other than that, life has been good. I love the holidays for many reasons, mainly five that I can think of off the top of my head:
1. Reconnecting with family and friends
2. What the Christmas season represents; Christ
3. How everyone seems to smile more
4. The abundant amount of service and love
5. Christmas lights - whether they be twinkly lights, luminarias, or even traffic lights
2. What the Christmas season represents; Christ
3. How everyone seems to smile more
4. The abundant amount of service and love
5. Christmas lights - whether they be twinkly lights, luminarias, or even traffic lights
No comments:
Post a Comment