Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

After finally conquering a cold that had my sinuses clogged worse than a bad drain full of hair, I have found time to update all on life in Utah!

March was full of visits! I got to see my beautiful roommate from college, Katelyn, as well as a quick dinner with Nikki and fam as they drove through Salt Lake on their way to Napa.  I can't believe how big Will is getting! He is already eating from a spoon and rolling over on his own.  Bailey is just as clever and cute as ever.  I'm excited for them to get to spend some time with the grandparents in Napa as well as enjoy that beautiful California weather and greenness...not much green here, yet...still brown...and snowing...


I love this picture
 
Seeing Katelyn was amazing.  We learned a riveting game that had us up until all hours of the night and then filled many gaps of time the next day.  The game is Joker, and winning is the only way to go.  It is a combination of Sorry, and Marbles, with some twists and tons of fun.  I'll find, or make, a board so that I can teach everyone how to play because it is a good game to know.

 Love this girl

The best part about being with Katelyn is that we were perfectly content just being with each other. It had been EIGHT LONG months without her, which doesn't seem like a long time, but when you go from seeing someone EVERYDAY to not seeing them AT ALL for 8 months, it is a long time.  However, lucky for me, I get to spend an amazing weekend next weekend with her AND Katy!  The trio reunited, once again, before they get married to their sweethearts, which I am still super excited for. 

Side note, Dallin and I watched Where the Wild Things Are.  Stick to the book.  The movie is somewhat sad and leaves you with feelings of times in your life when you were a bit down.  Definitely a fan of the book.

Last weekend, Dallin took me to the Planetarium (said there was show...we never saw a show...I think he was lying and just wanted to go to the Planetarium).  We had fun looking at the displays they had, but had more fun in the gift shop.  There are so many cool little trinkets and gadgets in the Planetarium gift shop!  Hours of entertainment. 

 On Mars at the Planetarium

Fun in the gift shop.  He was such a good sport recreating this picture for Brad

This weekend, he took me to Boondock's, where I skillfully beat him at putt-putt golf AND go-karts.  Luckily he is a good sport and doesn't get upset when he loses.  I am not.  While on the go-karts, I was making my way peacefully around the course, passing people, resepctfully obeying the rules of "no bumping," when these hoodlums come up on my sides and sandwhich me so that they can pass!  Worst part is, it was the last lap resulting in me not being able to get them back. No respect for elders these days.  Jokes, jokes!  I was a bit miffed that they went about passing me in such a rude manner.  The road rage in me came out, I suppose. 

 Having fun a Boondock's

We have had 3 days without snow, with 70 degree weather in the forecast.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I'm ready for warmth and sun.  No more dreary days!  A couple of weeks ago we had a nasty dust storm that looked like thick fog, but it was dust.  Talk about YUCK!  I will be happy for spring, and I mean spring weather, whenever it comes to Utah.  However, there was a beautiful sunset the other evening.  Utah has it's moments.


Two more things before I let you get on with your lives...


I LOVE Wisps.  They are perfect little on the go toothbrushes.  Terri introduced them to me on our trip to Italy, and I have adored them ever since.

And...
I'm blonde again!  The brown was fun, but expensive.  It is just easier, and cheaper, to be blonde!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...