Sunday afternoon, I got a phone call informing me that one of my very close friends from San Luis Obispo had died in a plane crash on his way to a medical aide mission down in Mexico. He was only 21-years-old, and one of the most caring, beautiful people you could ever meet. The news was devastating, then I talked to good ol' mama B and Brother Hunsaker, who helped me gain some perspective. My heart and prayers go out to the Thiel family, as I hope you will all pray for them as well during this sudden loss in their lives. However, I know Drew is where he needs to be and is taking care of those who love him, along with our Savior. I have felt that over and over this past week. God needed him more on the other side of the veil and just because he isn't physically on earth anymore, his beautiful spirit is still among us all.
So blessed to have known him
Courtney, my old roommate, and Daniel got married two weeks ago and it was a beautiful reception. For her bridal shower, I gave her Quinn/Quinnette dressed for the occasion. She loved it and they now have their very own Quinn for the holidays. I will make another, someday... Quinnette
Wes, from SLO, came to visit last week as well for one of his friend's weddings. We decided it was a great time to "hike" up to the University of Utah's "U" on the hillside. However, as we found out rather shockingly, the hike is more of a stroll through a rich housing development and then a quick, 200 yard hike up a sandy trail full of weeds. The view from the "U" overlooking the valley of Salt Lake was gorgeous and we made it just in time to catch the sunset which was beautiful. We enjoyed Wes's visit, as always, and he even taught Dallin a new skill, which he learned on his mission to South London:
So gross
The "U"
View from the "U"
YUM!
That's all I have for the past weeks. Halloween should be fun, Dallin and I are going to be a 20's couple, and we will get to catch up with some friends. Wishing all a wonderful last week of October, Happy birthday Mama B, love you all!
" Take life one step at a time and do the best you can each day. Life is passes so swiftly."
-Russell M. Nelson




No comments:
Post a Comment