Saturday, October 2, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

First, watch this video of this 7-year-old boy who was on the Ellen Degeneres Show the other day.  He made me smile on one of those "nothing-going-right" days that creep up on us sometimes.


Second, I'm sorry for being such a slacker in keeping everyone up to date on what we have been up to.  There is no excuse, except for the fact that September was just an uneventful month (yup, that means still no ring-Jokes, Jokes!).  The month has been full of work, school, and the no good flu monster.  That is right.  Both Dallin and I got the cold flu, which is never fun, unless there is someone out there who loves being clogged in the head, tired beyond belief and in my case, sound like a chronic smoker, which if there is, they should have their head examined by a psychiatrist.  No joke about my smoke voice though.  Friday, one of my little kidd-os asked, "Miss Kelli, you sound funny," followed by another not believing it was me during one of our lights-out dance parties.  Yes, I have dance parties with my kids at work.  It calms them down, plus it is fun to dance with them.   Anyway, I'm at the tailend of my cold, Dallin is all better, and we are looking forward to having a little more fun in October.

Here are a few things we did in September:

Experienced SubZero - a ice cream shop that makes the ice cream right in front of you with liquid nitrogen.  It kind of has the same consistency of Dip 'n Dots.  Not the most amazing ice cream, but it was a neat experience.




For an activity with the ward, we did Minute-to-Win-It (based off the television series).  My co-chair and I modified all the games so that they required team work and it was a pretty hysterical night!  Just look at the pictures to get a glimpse.

 Bucket Head- each member had to catch 3 balls in the trash cans

Elephant March - had to relay to knock over 6 bottles

Cotton Nose - with vaseline on their noses, they had to pass 3 cotton balls, nose to nose, down a line and put into a bowl
I took my final for my second BCaBA class on Thursday, which was tough because trying to study the night before with my brain filled with mucus was not very effective.  Wednesday was also my "nothing-going-right" day - sick, a mirror broke after I cleaned it, couldn't study, crazy kids, etc. etc.  Anyway,  while in provo for my final, I also got to see some old buddies, including Meghan and Addison, which is always a good time.  Meghan always has good insight on everything and I feel like I think a little clearer after talking to her.

The beautiful Meghan

Finally, I made a duvet cover!  I am quite impressed with myself.  I did not use a pattern or anything.  Just my brain (which my dad says is capable of a lot more than I let on if I try-which is true).   It gives my room a completely new look.  

 My new duvet cover...

...with snaps!


Fall is creeping in, which is one of my favorite seasons.   I love Halloween, but not getting scared in haunted houses and such with all those creepy masked critters jumping out with chain saws and what not, just the fun part of Halloween.   Fall also means Thanksgiving which means SLO!  Then, not too long after Napa for Christmas.  All very much needed family visits.  I promise I will try to keep up to date more often.  Until then...


YES! I want to do this to ALL masked things around Halloween. So creepy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...