Thursday, December 16, 2010

On the Third Day of Christmas

That's right!  Only 9 days until Christmas...are you ready?  Tomorrow is my last day at Autism Behavior Treatment Center and then I'm off to California on Wednesday after a few days of some much needed relaxation and baking!  Can't believe 2010 is almost over.

Last Friday, Dallin and I were able to go to the Jazz vs. Orlando basketball game. For free!  Dallin won the tickets at his company's Vegas getaway (tough life, huh?)  Anyway, it was fun to enjoy a professional sporting event where the home team wins as well as watch in amazement as my dear fiance experienced many firsts (sports were not as prominent in his upbringing as they were in mine).  He was even introduced to noise makers for the first time and was educated on the difference between what a true sports fan looks like vs those who just get all dressed up and crazy for the game.  All in all, we enjoyed ourselves!

Woot! 

On Saturday, we were able to meet up with Uncle Bruce and family, including Faye and little Joe, to visit the Temple Square lights.  Always a treat to meet up with them!  Luckily, it was not too cold that night allowing us to enjoy the lights a little more.  Unluckily, it was winter formal which meant that EVERY restaurant in the area was packed beyond belief with high school lovebirds, along with tired, crazed shoppers.  Regardless, we made the best of it, being entertained by Joe and his ninjas.

Good Ol' Uncle Bruce

LOVE the facial expressions

On one of the radio stations here in Utah, the morning show does "Neighbor helping neighbor" starting at the beginning of December.  They receive letters from people expressing stories about families they know who are in dire need of life essentials due to unprecedented events.  I have been listening to the stories every morning as I drive to work, fighting back the tears because the Christmas spirit gets me every time.  Anyway, the other morning I was stressing about money (as I'm sure many do around this time of year), when Johnson and Johnson start the Christmas Wish, this story about a family whose main source of income was laid off last year at the same time their 3-year-old son was diagnosed with brain cancer.  Way to pull at the heartstrings, I know.  Anyway, as the story was told about how the family is without shelter, clothes, money, barely any food, etc. because all they had was spent on getting treatment for the their child, who is now cancer free by a true miracle, I began to think, "What am I stressing about?!?!"  Yeah, money is tight, but I have a place to live, a loving family, and food in my pantry.  Instead of thinking wo me, I should be thinking about how blessed my life is.  Just wanted share that little epiphany with hopes it will help relieve some holiday stress (in case baking doesn't work!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...