I got to go back to the lovely Napa (Dallin had to stay in Utah and work, but he has family here which made it not as sad although I was secretly wishing he would surprise me on Christmas day with a large gift in the form of him). Family time was nice, as well as letting my body completely shut down for a week with some much needed rest. While home, the fam and I made sugar cookies, went to a wedding reception, caught up with old friends, went to the Jelly Belly factory, and celebrated Christmas and Daddy B's birthday. Nice trip, but I was ready to get back to Dallin by the end. Wait! One quick story before ending the Napa visit. While in Berkley before dropping me off at the airport, we were driving around, at night, which means Mama B's vision is not all that great. She kept almost hitting pedestrians and at one point slammed on her breaks so hard we all went forward. After catching our breaths with a silent car, Lexi starts laughing hysterically. We turn to her and ask "what is wrong?!?!" She then proceeds to tell us that she had to pee really bad and it all almost came out with the last break slam. That got Brad and I laughing hysterically as we envisioned Lexi completely peeing herself in the back seat as Mama B dodged pedestrians. Mama B didn't think it was that funny. I'm still laughing. That is the end of my short story.
Making Cookies
Jellyfish and stingrays
The week after I got back, little Lexi came out to spend the weekend in Utah to help me with some wedding plans, including the dress, which we executed quite successfully. Her visit was just splendid, making me wish I lived closer to her. I sure do love her. Also while here, we made our way to Temple Square and Jump On It with Mr. Braden Price. Jump On It is a trampoline warehouse with, well, trampolines EVERYWHERE. I was able to bust out some of my gymnastics skills from 12 years ago, Braden was able to show off his skills from his class he took last year and we all unsuccessfully taught Dallin how to do a belly bounce. His were more belly flops with a side of whiplash. I still love him seeing as this was the first physical sport I have seen him be uncoordinated with. Usually, he learns the rules, watches a few people do it, and then plays like a pro. Not on trampolines. Sadly, I did not get any video although I am in the process of talking him into going again to catch a round two.
In the Assembly Hall
The Salt Lake Temple
The week following Lexi's visit, I started my new job at University Kids which I am loving. I have children with behaviors (WOOT!) and am in a class that has had no permanent teacher for almost 3 months which means I, along with my co-teacher, basically get to start from scratch and whip these kiddos into shape. Poor things don't know what is coming but they will LOVE us for it when its all over.
The following Saturday, Dalln's work invited anyone and everyone to come out to a golf course in Parley's Canyon to try and beat the Guiness world record by building at least 1000 snowmen, 4 feet high with a carrot nose and 2 eyes, in an hour. With the help of 300 people, we got 1200 snowmen in one hour. I know. You all can get our autographs in your Guiness Book of records the next time we see you.
Also, during that week we spent a lot of time in the Intermountain Hospital in Murray, Utah with Dallin's Grandma Lehmitz, who peacefully passed away Saturday January15, after spending 3 days with family and friends by her hospital bed. We discovered that hospital food is quite good at certain hospitals, hospital rooms can fit quite a few people in them although they look small, and that family will always come together. We all took comfort in knowing that she was able to leave her crippled body behind and reunite with her husband and son, as well as other loved ones who have passed away. The funeral was beautiful, again surrounded by loved ones and my new family, filled with the Spirit.
With that, I do believe we are all caught up to now. Wedding invites are in the mail, deposits are down and we are ready for March 11 (I say that as Dallin is shooting deers on the ipod next to me on the couch). I still love him.
A feel good video in hopes it will bring the first of many smiles this week! Love you all.



No comments:
Post a Comment