Whie in California for out second reception, Dallin and I watched some episodes of 'The Andy Griffith Show.' Now, I had seen a few of these growing up, but never really got into the show. However, on this visit I became completely enthralled! I do not know if it was the lack of sleep or just a more mature understanding of things, but I was giggling like crazy while watching. To our delight, Netflix instant play has ALL the seasons available! Thanks to this, Andy, cute little Opie (Ron Howard was cute at one point) and the rest of the population of Mayberry have made frequent visits in our home.
Our honeymoon was a wonderful little getaway. We enjoyed the San Diego Zoo, shopping at the Las Americas Outlets which are LITERALLY on the United States/Mexican border (the exit for the outlets says "Last U.S. exit"), and Sea World. Being back on the coast was very refreshing.
 |
| The border on the edge of the outlet parking lot |
 |
| One of our favorite pictures from the trip |
 |
| Sea World |
|
 |
| La Jolla |
 |
| La Jolla |
 |
| Palm Trees |
 |
| Mission Beach |
Time for a confession: as we watched the dolphin show at Sea World, I was giggling at the cheesiness of the plot which included a prince of some sort magically appearing like a God from behind a flow of water and smoke. Then, all of the sudden as the macaws and dolphins started doing their tricks, the "3 notes" began to play. For those of you who don't know, there are three notes in music that when played together instantly tug at the heartstrings, according to my buddy Rhett Turner. All of this combined caused me to tear up. Literally. Dallin looked over and laughed while asking, "Are you really crying?" Yes, I cried at the dolphin show. It was magical!
 |
The magical sea prince
|
Being in SLO again was all we hoped it to be. We got to visit with some good friends, go line dancing (still fun), as well as enjoy family. We love San Luis Obispo County.
 |
| Montana de Oro = Love |
 |
| Roonie! |
For our Memorial Day weekend, we finished our dresser! After striping it down, we realized that the drawers are different wood which caused the stain to show up as a different color, but it adds character. It is a lovely addition to our room. I am now pondering what my next project should be.
We also took a trip to the Salt Lake City Library which is a must visit if you ever visit Salt Lake. We spend at least an hour there every time we go. On this particular visit, we were looking for fairytales and nursery rhymes for my class next week. We came across a pretty neat Mother Goose book which Dallin loved. He spent 30 minutes, which easily could have been longer if it was not time to go, looking at the book. It was his happy moment of the day.
 |
| Outside the library enjoying Mother Goose |
Apart from that, we have just been enjoying life, with the biopolar weather and all! Our herbs are growing wonderfully and taste absolutely delicious. I made some homemade lemonade in hopes of encouraging summer weather to come, to which Dallin said, "I didn't know you could make lemonade this good!" followed by, "It's almost gone. You should make more" not more than 4 hours later.
 |
| Our herbs! Doing much better, Katy! |
We love you all, Happy Memorial Day! Watch some Andy Griffith if you are stuck inside with rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment