I still take care of him, but giggle at the same time at how he milks the whole situation. This past weekend, I milked the stomach illness, caring husband card all I could mostly because I was completely down and out with a stomach that I am pretty sure was trying to self destruct along with the lack of energy with no help from my diet of ginger ale, saltines and applesauce.
A little tangent on stomach viruses. First and foremost, I absolutely LOATHE a stomach problem more than any other illness. Give me pink eye, strep, even mono and I can deal, continuing with my daily activities as necessary. In fact, these past sicknesses were regulars in the Baldwin home growing up. Conjunctivitis of the eye (such a disgusting name for a illness) still makes it's debut in my body on a regular basis; just think back to Dallin and mine's wedding week...
But, little monsters that attack the stomach are my kryptonite; thus, why I always have Tums in the medicine treasure box. Stomach minions are ruthless mainly because there is nothing you can do but wait for them to decide to just stop hurting or come out. One way or the other, the victim of the stomach monsters is completely helpless, incapacitated by pain. Honestly, I had to stop watching television and movies on Friday because whenever food, physical activity or basically anything other than just talking appeared, but not talking about anything edible or physical activity, my stomach tripled in its pain. Others may disagree, but as for me, stomach viruses are top of the top ten worst illnesses to suffer from. Simply, the worst illness.
Anyway, Dallin nursed me back to health and by Saturday night I thought I was well enough to attend a session at the Jordan River Temple with Will and Tiffany (still on a diet of saltines, ginger ale, applesauce with a victorious consumption of toast WITH jam an hour before we left). However, once we entered the temple, I was completely exhausted from getting ready and driving! Pathetic, I know, but tragically true. We decided to stick it out, I persevered (or "pepsevered" as an old friend once had mistakenly tattooed on his chest), then slept quite soundly that night from complete exhaustion that our 3 hour outing resulted in.
Fear not, by Sunday night I was back to physical health, with the exception of eating anything and everything. I did eat noodles with some seasoning on them today. Please feel free to applause my stomach for not flipping triple layouts with the introduction of a different food.
Other than that, life is joyous. We are finally getting some snow which means we can hopefully make it up to the slopes to use our Groupon steal of deal ski passes sometime soon. We are going to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City this weekend, WITH the stalker lens on the camera in hopes of getting some awesome celebrity paparazzi photographs.
![]() |
| Here we come, Robert Redford! |
![]() |
| Justin Beiber got nothin' on Dallin Green |



No comments:
Post a Comment