Over the past few weeks, we have experienced some successes and failures in the Green household. Do not let the failures bring you down, though! From each failure you learn how to be better...
We will start with the bad, so we can end on the good.
Lexi came to visit (SUCCESS!) for a weekend, which was absolutely nothing short of wonderful. Love her stinkin' guts. Anyway, we attempted to make cinnamon rolls for a friend that is pregnant and was craving cinnamon rolls the last time we went out with them, only to fail getting them for her. Let's just say that I must not have a very positive relationship with yeast seeing as the stuff always seems to fail me. Ask Lexi, we attempted two separate batches, following the recipe TO THE TEE, only to have the dough NOT rise--much like my roll attempt a couple years ago. Now, this yeast worked perfectly for dad Baldwin a few weeks back when he made those delicious bagels, so I know it can behave. Just not for me. Not quite sure what I am to learn from this failure other than stick with Pilsbury can rolls or don't attempt the doughs without a grandma or someone who has a better relationship with yeast. Sorry if the jinx carried over to you, lil' sis.
Stirring up that dough
Kneading her little heart out Did not get a picture of the final product...
Our second fail that weekend was getting her some boots. Being a Cali girl who just moved to Idaho, she needs some proper foot wear. We once again attempted, but did not succeed. So, Lexi, here is a website that has stinking cute boots for a mighty nice price.
Dallin successfully made cranes as a sweet thinking of you along with successfully teaching our little primary class how to make them. Man of many skills.
This next one can count as both. We made it to the Sundance Film Festival! However, we did not see any films simply because they were $15 for one showing, per person. Not really worth it to us to spend that kind of money on a film that we have NO idea about. We went up, thinking it might be like the art festival we happened upon last spring, only to find that it is nothing like that. We walked around, after getting on the wrong bus which took us around ALL of Park City, mainly in search of Robert Redford (I will meet him one day), but then just ended up coming home and playing games while enjoying some Maggie Moo's ice cream. Nevertheless, it was a fun adventure.
Dallin the grizzly
Recycling band in Park City - sadly could have been the most exciting thing we saw while at the Sundance Film Festival
My photography class has been very informative as well as genial. My assignment last week was shutter speed, which I had a little too much fun with. For fast shutter speed, my dear, supportive husband agreed to let Lexi pour a pitcher of water on his head. Here is the result:
Such a good sport
I must say, that assignment was a SUCCESS! I love how you can see all the detail of the water droplets; and Dallin's face.
Dallin got recognized for his amazing self at work by his boss with some awesome Jazz tickets to the Jazz vs. Oklahoma Thunder game on Friday. Definite success. Wish we could say the same for the Jazz, who sadly lost, along with the dear lady who decided to flash the crowd while on the jumbo-tron...bless her heart.
However, we got to sit next to some people Dallin works with who taught us that the REAL way to distract a player while shooting a free throw shot is to shout cat calls. It actually works.
Do not be fooled into thinking that I have conquered my fear of gorilla suits simply because I took this photograph
This was our halftime show...
Aw, presh
We have one more success to share. On Saturday, we spent the day prepping and making 10 freezer meals. Dallin's comment at the end of the feat, "I really enjoyed that!" Again, such a trooper. But, it really was enjoyable, especially knowing that we have 10 whole meals ready to go into the Crockpot on any given day.
Our counter since we pretty much have no counter
Mixing it all up
So proud
Trying to tactfully get the air our of one bag only to have it ooze all over our freezer...
As always, we love you all and hope that you have amazing weeks. We will leave you with a movie that I am quite excited to see. It is from Pixar and involves a spunky, stubborn Irish princess saving the day. I think I might be able to relate...minus the saving the day part.
No comments:
Post a Comment