Seriously. Us Green's have not stopped moving for longer than an hour (if we are lucky) for about 2 months now. Most of what we have been doing has been enjoyable, but most of it has been work/school related as well, which is enjoyable at times. I have been loving being back in the behavior field immensely, as well as grateful for the opportunities I have been given to train other implementors and the possibility of finishing my classes to finally get certified as a BCaBA which would allow me to be a consultant for some of our client's, creating their programs and supervising them.
Which brings me to the Light it Up Blue at the beginning (a little tangent). April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day and Light it Up Blue is an initiative, part of AutismSpeaks, that is striving to spread awareness about autism, as well as funding research into causes, preventions and treatments of autism. If you feel, check out the website and show your support!
Onto our lives, Dallin has been enjoying being Payroll Manager (his official title even though Payroll consists of just Dallin), and the opportunities Clearlink has been giving him. Both of our jobs have been great blessings in our lives.
But not as big a blessing as getting to go to SLO in 28 days. However, I guess without our jobs, we would not be able to afford the trip. Either way, we are unbelievably excited to get back to the green gorgeousness of SLO county for, wait for it, ONE WHOLE WEEK! As I said before, EXCITED (I am literally clinching my teeth in an excited manner, saying the all caps words in squeals as I type them).
| Oh how we love thee, SLO |
Anyway, after our 40-minute walk from the parking lot to the Krishna Temple, followed by our 20-minute mosh-pit experience to get in, we got our chalk from the stands that remind me A LOT of the ones in Kudadasi, Turkey where bargaining sales men would try to lure me in with, "Oooh! Pretty scarf for the pretty lady" pronounced, "Pritee scarf for da pritee latey." We made it just in time for one of the throwings, which was pretty awesome. Everyone throws a bag of chalk in the air at the same time, causing a burst of colors, followed by a thick surrounding fog of brown from all the colors being mixed in the air and a slight moment of panic when you can't really breath until you remember the advice given before the throwing, "If you find it hard to breathe, get close to the ground." All in all, the Festival did not disappoint and we all got more colorful than ever. I showed pictures to one of my little guys and he said, "Oh my! If you came to my house like that, you would leave a big mess everywhere you went!" It was cute...
![]() |
| Lexi was the first to get hit |
![]() |
| Entering the festival |
![]() |
| She got pinked big time in the face by some guy |
| After the throwing |
![]() |
| Mmmm green spit |
Brad and Dallin having a little too much chalking strangers
![]() |
| The throwing from an outsiders view Courtesy of someone on Facebook |
Needless to say, we watched them do the "Snape" walk for a good 10 minutes, laughing harder each time. As you may have noticed my laugh sounds like some animal from the Amazon. This is because the video was taken towards the end where we lost all control of our laughs. Good times.
Final news: I am a winner, yet again! I called into a radio station and was number 10 which means we got tickets to see Chris Young in concert in June. Mama B says I need to buy a lotto ticket. I think I only win because I call at times when most people are at work and to radio stations that not many people listen to. Either way, I still won!
We hope all have a wonderful first week of April. Love you all.






No comments:
Post a Comment