Bare with me for awhile while I get a little corny on you. One year ago, last Sunday, was one of the most blissful days in the 24 years I have been alive. The day I became Mrs. Kelli Green (mama B. says it is still weird to refer to myself as so). I am happy to say that one year later, we are still crazy about one another. I honestly never thought I could love someone more with every experience we have together. Say what you will about that being cheesy and cliche, but it is the truth. This boy has made my life incredible.
To reminisce a little, we watched the slide shows of our wedding photographs and wanted to sincerely, as well as publicly, thank everyone for making our wedding nothing short of amazing. We know that it was a year ago, but we are still grateful for those that contributed their time, talents and love to make our wedding weekend absolutely perfect.
It is what they say; a picture is worth a thousand words
On to how we celebrated. We decided to divulge in a little of what Salt Lake City has to offer and stayed at the historical Grand America Hotel. I have to admit, as we were going up to our room in the fancy-shamncy elevators, the scene from the Disney Channel movie Tower of Terror raced through my mind. The hotel has kept the historic late 1930's decor which is the main reason for the movie reference. I half expected a floor 13 (which there was not) that we could go to and discover a ghost.
Dallin giving a tour of the hotel
Anyway, the hotel was gorgeous and it was nice to act a little high class for the day. However, when all was said and done, we both agreed that we were more walk around in your flip-flops and t-shirts type people.
View of the Wasatch front from our room
Waiting in the room for me. Little tidbit about Dallin: He really is quite the romantic
My ring band! This is how it is supposed to sit...
But, it has character and more often than not looks like this. I LOVE it
Dallin making a long distance call to Japan
While at the hotel, we got to enjoy the notorious brunch. This included crab flown in on ice, delicious pastries, fresh made crepes, sushi, omelets, vegetables, fresh fruit... basically anything and everything you could possibly desire for brunch. Oh, and a live band that played popular rap songs on their drum-set, guitar and cello, without the words. All-in-all it was a very nice, low key way to celebrate our first anniversary.
One year later and our cake was still wonderfully delicious
Dallin's shmorgishborg plate
Crepe with whipped cream cheese and strawberries
Dallin made fun of me when I came back with this as my last plateful. Hey, a girl needs her veggies. And bread.
Groundbreaking news! I, Kelli, won a radio contest. And not a silly one like I did a couple of years ago that got me some Christmas baking books. Still not a trip to see some rock star in Los Angeles, but it is better than Christmas baking books. For simply sending a text saying, "AJ (the DJ) you are my hero! Give a Cali girl trying to warm up in Utah some love" I got two tickets to Seven Peaks Water Park and two spa passes. I was trying to win the Hunger Games movie premier tickets, but I think he felt bad for the Cali girl part and gave me the closest thing he could to a beach. Either way, I was quite excited.
My winnings
Spring, I do believe, is trying to make an appearance here in the Rocky Mountains with grass turning green and trees budding along with the bulb plants coming forth. I will not complain if we make it through winter without a major snowstorm here in the valley.
As always, we love you all! Smile lots this week.
Looks like you had an awesome anniversary!! And i love your new band! so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you won the contest too!!
Happy Anniversary!! We love you guys!