Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Barnes and Noble Shout Out

Last year Dallin got me a 1st Edition Nook for my birthday, which was one of the greatest gifts he could have gotten me seeing as I love to get lost in books.  I still use "regular" books, but the Nook is mighty nice for trips, beaches, poolside lounging, etc.  Well, I have a slight problem with knocking water over...there really should be an app for that.  Anyway, one morning as I was waking up, I reached for my water (since sleeping in Utah causes extreme dry-mouth) and guess what?  Yes, I knocked my water onto my precious Nook which was currently my reading source for a novel that I could not wait to read everyday.  Hastily, I dried off the precious and put it into a bag of rice (someone said it revives drowning electronics--still not a believer), to find that it still worked...for a couple of days.  On day 2 of my redeemed Nook, it froze completely.  I almost cried a little, but then remembered water was the reason my Nook died in the first place.  Jokes, jokes!  
Old...
Oh, to add to the tragedy, Dallin shredded the receipts not more than ONE day before the water spillage.  After a couple of weeks of mourning, I decided to get onto Barnes and Noble.com to see what options I had regarding my deceased Nook.  I chatted with a "Nook expert," Zane, who was quite charming in the fact that he told me to take my Nook to a store, have them look at it, and if it definitely was ka-put, they would replace it.  HALLELUJAH!  

Needless to say, I jumped in my car, raced to the Barnes and Noble not more than 2 miles away from our little house and handed them my Nook with the conversation I had with Zane.  Within 20 minutes, I had been upgraded to a Nook Basic Touch, no charge due to the fact that they no longer had any 1st Edition Nooks (you know, since a one-year-old electronic is such a dinosaur these days), along with all my previously purchased Nook Books, including the enthralling novel I was reading before the accident, in tact.  Moral of the story, I love Barnes and Noble.  The way I see it, if I were to spill water on a "normal" book it would still work, a little wrinkly and crinkly, but would still work.  Therefore, the warranty on the Nook kind of works the same way.  Spill water and they give you another that works.  
New!
In other news at the Green plantation, we started our garden...sort of.  We turned the soil in our little plot of land, during which we discovered the end of a hoe, pruning shears rusted beyond belief, garbage and HUGE earth worms, which Dallin chopped in half in the process of turning our soil.  It was tragic but the rest of the discoveries were a little bit like a treasure hunt.
Hard day's work
Oh, hello farmer Green
Earl Earthworm, cut in two
Last but not least, we will be basking in the fresh California air in less than 1 week!  Let's just say, it is a MUCH needed and overdue vacation.

Love you all! Enjoy the warm weather this week.  Oh, and brace yourselves for the epic baby shower (that I am hosting, not benefiting from) recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...