The gorgeous Courtney tagged me in a blog challenge type deal, so here it is:
Rules:
{1} Post the rules.
{2} Post a photo & 11 random things about you.
{3} Answer questions.
{4} Ask questions.
{5} Tag.
11 Random Things
1. I used to talk like a New Yorker
2. I love when Dallin laughs out loud to things-best laugh ever
3. My pinkies bend in towards the rest of my fingers
4. Cleaning is one of my favorite things to do
5. I love puzzles
6. I miss living by the ocean
7. I admire my siblings dearly
8. I don't like cats
9. If candy were healthier, I would eat it all day, anyday
10. The feeling of raw meat gives me the heeby-jeebies
11. I hope our garden grows
1) Are most of your friends older or younger than you? It really is a good mixture of older and younger. Although, a lot of the younger ones are quite mature for their age.
2) What do you value most in a relationship? Trust.
3) Polka dots or stripes? Stripes. However, sometimes polka-dots are good for those days when I feel like being a kid again.
4) What was the last book you read? The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Sad, but one of those that makes you think.
5) When did you last cry-tears running down your cheek? Probably a couple of months ago during a PMS breakdown...
Questions for you:
1. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
2. What is your major life goal?
3. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
4. Who do you look up to most and why?
5. How long has it been since you had a "sick" day?
6. Tell your favorite memory from childhood.
Tagged:
Suzi
Devyn
Hayley
Now, onto the baby shower. The weather was amazing, which made all of us quite happy because we could have the shower outside instead of our tiny little basement. Everything turned out quite nice and all who came were good company to have.
| The table of goodness |
| Dallin's handiwork |
| Observe the garland that Lexi and I made. So cute! |
![]() |
| Photo station where guests could write well wishes for baby Freeman and take their picture with their note |
![]() |
| Drink Station with the well deserved Mason Jars that took some grandma Dunning bargaining skills |
| Cinnamon Roll Popcorn party favors |
The Tuesday following the baby shower, we woke up bright and early to catch a 6am flight to San Luis Obispo. Flying in was gorgeous with all the greenness. I know I probably comment on that every time we go to California, but it is amazing each time!
![]() |
| About to land |
We spent a good time in SLO, mainly eating at all the good places to eat. We also enjoyed being out side playing with the goats and Jason's dog who will play catch 'til the cows come home. I took Dallin up Bishop's Peak, along with Loel, for their first times. To think they have lived in the area their whole lives and had never been. Still one of my favorite quick hikes.
Good purchase, Jason
| At the top of Bishop's Peak |
| Starting the hike |
![]() |
| Made it |
On Friday and Saturday, we took the Cadillac up to Napa--true Napkin tourist style--to visit the Baldwins. Papa B gave Dallin the tour of his work along with what he does, which left Dallin leaving saying, "Your dad is a genius, crazy inventor." All is good until you have to do math homework with him...
Saturday, we went up valley to visit some wineries including "The Castle," which is a winery in which the owner modeled it after an ancient castle he owned in Italy. We then tried to get a tour of the Beringer caves, but apparently they charge $25 a person now. Robbery! Therefore, Dallin sadly did not get to go INSIDE a winery, just walk the landscapes, which are still pretty.
| This peacock opened his tail feathers right as we walked up |
| Entrance to Castillo de Amorosa |
| Such good sports, going along with what I asked them to do... |
| Castillo de Amorosa |
All in all, it was a good trip that left us more tired than when we left with all the fun we had including game nights (I will post just ONE embarrassing photo from the Greens playing Quelf), dinner with friends, line dancing, beach visits, sushi (MMMM!), food, food and more food.
Maybe two...
![]() |
| Avila |
![]() |
| Fell in the moat type thing trying to wash off the seashells I got for one of my clients
Thanks to all family and friends who visited with us. We love you and miss you!
|







No comments:
Post a Comment