Thursday, July 26, 2012

Goodbye July

Time flies when you're having fun...or just going through day to day life as we have been doing here at the good ol' Salt Lake Green Residence.  I honestly cannot believe that in one week it will be August of the year 2012.  Seems like just a few weeks ago I was counting down the days until I got to be reunited with my college roomies at a wedding in Long Beach and thinking, "Five months?!?! How will I ever make it?!" and yet, here we are, with just one week until Long Beach.  Can you tell that I am just a little excited for this reunion?  Katy, Katelyn and I were roommates all four years of our time at Cal Poly; freshman year counts in my book since Katy was basically our third roommate int he dorms.  Not being able to see each other since my wedding, March of 2011 for those of you who have no clue when that is, has been excruciating!  Needless to say, it will be a glorious weekend.

This past week was Dallin's 26th birthday.  OLD MAN! Jokes, jokes.  But seriously... I got him a fly fishing rod which sparked such excitement to start this new hobby that seconds after opening his gift he sent a text to the fly fishing guru that lives behind us asking when they can go fishing.  They have also planned a date night to Cabela's to boy flies.  All the wives of the fly fishermen in our neighborhood keep telling me, "And so it begins..."  Not quite sure what I got myself into by getting Dallin the rod, but he enjoys it and has been wanting to get into the sport for awhile, so all is well.  Enjoy the video of Dallin stringing up his rod along with showing off his cast.



The weekend before, we went to the annual Green Family Reunion at grandma Green's.  Always a good time getting away from the hustle and bustle of Salt Lake to the farm life of McCammon, Idaho where we camp in grandma's yard, go on walks to visit the cows and horses followed by some simple unwinding and dining. 
Snaps the horse.  I think he had had enough of giving tours around the field

Dallin maneuvering his mule

Rainy afternoon in McCammon
I forgot to pack church clothes which resulted in Dallin and I raiding grandma's closet.  This is what we came up with. Love it!
In our free time we have been gardening (our garden is flourishing including a mystery squash looking plant that we did not plant, but we successfully mated the male and female blossoms and now are closer than ever to finding out exactly what kind of fruit it will produce...we know you are all just excited as we are!), watching "Friday Night Lights," visiting friends and their new babies, enjoying the thunderstorms, reading and some hikes here and there.  Nothing much too exciting, but enjoyable nonetheless.  Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I forgot to pack church clothes at grandma's a few years ago and wore that exact dress!! haha It's getting some good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Love the church clothes!! too cute! Sounds like your July flew by as fast as ours! I can't believe its over. Have fun with the Katy and Katelyn! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...