Monday, August 13, 2012

Addicted to Vacation

It has only been one week since my California girl's weekend and I am already having withdrawals.  Having friends that are as if there was never a day missed being with one another, even though there has been months and months between visits, is a true treasure.  I know I said it before, but I love my K's.  In all honesty, I could not have hand picked better girls to be roomed with through college.
Our first picture together! In 'N Out, 2005
Sharing our talents freshman year
Disneyland trip for Cesar Chavez day, Freshman year
Huntington was nice and toasty with a nice sea breeze and lots of bikini bearing tourists in town for the U.S. Surf Open.  Katelyn and I stuck out boldly with our choice of attire that consisted of, well, clothing that covered our bodies.  That did not stop us from jumping in with the young 'uns to get autographs from surfers and skaters for family that are fans.  We then ventured north a little to the dog beach, which has to be the happiest beach ever.  Try, just TRY, to go to that beach, watch all the dogs playing in the waves with legitimate smiles on their faces and not smile yourself.  If you cannot smile at this dog beach, I do believe we found ourselves a real life Grinch.
At the dog beach with Katelyn
Katy got into town just in time to join us at the dog beach
 That evening we found a little BBQ place named Lucille's BBQ.  The atmosphere along with the food at this restaurant were just what we were looking for that night.  We both had been craving some good BBQ all day, so we were pleased that Katelyn's iPhone search lead us to Lucille's.  By the way, I was the ONLY one all weekend without a smart phone.  Yes, I still have a "dumb" phone, that does not have internet access, gps, or maps of any sort.  Dallin and I have held out this long and do not really feel like we are missing out on much.  Plus, everyone else has one so we just mooch off them if we absolutely need the technology right then and there.
Lucille's
The following day was the day of the wedding.  We arrived at the resort with a warm greeting of, "The K's rise again!" from the groom's mother.  Apparently, we are some sort of celebrities seeing as the rest of the day when we introduced ourselves people would respond with, "Oh! You must be the K's!"  Who knew that a group of friends who all have names that start with the letter K (Katy, Katelyn, Kelli, Kevin and Kevan) would be so well known.  Anyway, the wedding was gorgeous and it was fun to get to see "The K's" all together again.
At the wedding
This past weekend we ventured up into the Uintas for a quick overnight camping trip.  Let me just start by saying the Uintas are absolutely gorgeous and I would gladly go back.  Now, for the truth telling of the trip.  We only had one sleeping bag to put over us as we slept on cheap pads that were hard as rocks WHILE it was pouring literal cats and dogs all night long with the occasional Sasquatch marching right over head with his lightening bolts.  I am proud of our little tent that we got as a wedding present that held up nicely, keeping us dry all night long.  Finally, around 4am the rain stopped, so we took a little tree-pee break, but when we got back to the tent, we were so uncomfortable that we decided to just lay awake until the sun came up. Dallin then giddily grabbed his fly rod and headed to the lake while I made a much needed cushion for my tingling, numb hips in hopes of getting a little more sleep; that did not happen.  However, we did have fun just being in nature while Dallin improved his cast, catching about 6 fish.  I was mighty proud of him and glad to give my expert critiquing skills on his cast.
Early morning fishing
Dallin's successful fire. I was quite impressed
His first catch of the trip
Trying to get the hook out.  Such a look of concentration!
Beautiful morning
Amazing sunrise after a rainy night
Dallin fishing away
Nice and cozy in our one sleeping bag

Seriously, gorgeous
We got to spend some time with the Lehmitz's (Dallin's maternal side) this weekend, which is always a treat and are now back to work, counting down the days until Labor Day. 

P.S. Dallin has successfully finished at the LDS Business College!  So proud of my smart, handsome hubby and now just keeping our fingers crossed that he gets the classes he needs for upper divison at the U.  Go Dallin!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for vacationing and for Dallin finishing at LDS Business! =)

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...