Saturday, January 26, 2013

Is Winter Over, Yet?


I am done with this:
Salt Lake Tribune 1/24/2013 and no, that is not fog

DEQ forecast
 And ready for this:
Yes, my mother sent me this after I sent her a picture of the smog covered mountains
You know it is bad when my family is texting me that they read about Salt Lake City's bad air quality in the paper...in California.  Yes, Salt Lake has the worst air quality in the NATION right now.  I have been quarantining myself inside, with my fresh-air-producing plants and hopefully a well working air filter in the car to avoid inhaling the nastiness that prevents us from seeing the mountains that are not more than 3 miles from our house.  Needless to say, it has not been fun and Utah should really buckle down and figure out a way to prevent it from getting this bad in future years.  We also have been trying to escape to Park City or Grandma Green's in Idaho for fresh air each weekend.  Hopefully little spud is not going to be messed up for life; Coming out with shrunken lungs or shriveled brains because he did not get quality oxygen in the womb.  Yes, those thoughts run through my mind.

On a happier note, we have made it to the halfway mark!  Little spud is 20 weeks old as of Friday.  Crazy to think that in just 20 more weeks our little man will be here.  I have been getting used to eating every 2 hours to prevent a crash.  I know, many have laughed at me when I complain about this, but I am not a heavy eater and making myself eat small meals with protein and fiber in them every 2 hours has been a task.  But, it is getting better!  I have not had any cravings really, just anti-cravings.  For example, sweets do not sound good which, if you ask close friends and family, is amazing since I have one of the biggest sweet tooths around.  Not during this pregnancy though.  I go to the candy aisle or look at the dessert table at gatherings and just think "Blah!"  I guess it will help me from gaining extra weight, huh?
Just a little bump

Dallin started up school again and is thinking about switching his major from business finance to business operations simply because there seems to be more opportunities.  He can still practice finance with an operations degree, but can't do operations with just a finance degree.  Basically, with an operations degree, he learns how to manage and operate a business to keep it running efficiently.  He thought that suited him more than investments or the finance side, which I would have to agree with.   I am proud of my little scholar and although it seems like school will never end, he is trucking through and doing great!

Pray for cleaner air for us, keep smiling and hopefully spring comes soon (I am a fan of global warming if it does exist...)! We are working on the interview.  Having a harder time getting Dallin to do it this month.  Love you all.  Enjoy this little video that put a smile on our faces this cold, foggy, smoggy, dirty snow Saturday morning.


3 comments:

  1. eek!! That air is pretty nasty-looking! But you and your little belly are pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you Kelli! Apparently the two worst air quality counties are yours and mine! Wish you could escape up here with Matt and I, but it is just as bad. You bump is so cute! Can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would have a cute little bump! Love it! And you look Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...