My next appointment I get to do the dreaded glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. From what I hear, the drink they have you drink in a 5 minute time period is horrid (even my doctor says it is nasty), and then you get to have your blood drawn on top of that. The things they make pregnant women do! Drink 32 oz of water an hour before your ultrasound and don't pee...drink this nasty glucose drink on an empty stomach, wait exactly an hour and then get your blood drawn...Oh the joys.
![]() |
| 22 weeks. Note the brightly colored clothes in my attempt to encourage spring to come |
In our preparation for parenthood, we have been reading some books. There are SO many out there! Some that we have been enjoying are:
![]() | |
| Dallin laughs every time he picks this up. Informative and entertaining |

Now, before people think we are all hippie with the hypnobirthing, we are not. If you know me, you know I like to educate myself on all sides of a topic. Birth and babies are not an exception. I mean I was a Child Development major. All babies, all the time. Honestly, I like a lot of the theories and ideas of hypnobirthing and it has decreased my fear about giving birth dramatically (whenever I would think about it I would think it would not be all that bad to just be knocked out like they did back in the day). However, I am not going all out hypno. The way I see it, the more tools one can use in a situation such as giving birth, the more relaxed one can feel about the experience, including epidurals and other procedures that might be used.
Other than the continued cold weather, work and school, that is our life right about now. Can't believe it is February already! Hope everyone is doing well. We love you all!


hahaha!! "Before people think we are all hippie"
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!
The glucose isn't bad. I was totally prepared to have to gag it down. Not at all. I had the orange one and it reminded me of orange fanta drink. You'll be fine. People said that was the worst part of pregnancy. Not for me, heartburn or the lack of energy were the worst! You look darling in your Spring Encouraging clothes!
ReplyDelete