Friday, May 3, 2013

6 Weeks to Go Along with Some Springtime Beauty


How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain: 26 lbs
How big is baby?  Size of a cantaloupe...
Maternity clothes: Still rockin' the pants!
Sleep: Some nights it is only a few pee awakenings, others I sleep through but then wake up at 4am and am ready for the day
Best moment of this week: Our Dr telling us he is hoping for June 7th so that he can deliver Spud since he is going on vacation June 13th.
Miss anything: A couple pairs of non-maternity jeans
Movement: Oh boy! Our favorite is when he stretches and my stomach does this weird expansion as he does
Food cravings: Still none
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: Still in the clear.  Just 2 more weeks before we can stop being concerned about preterm labor
Belly button in or out: Funny thing.  If Spud is pushing on it, it sticks out but then he moves and it goes back in
Wedding rings on or off: On.  Only get tight when it is hot, which is nothing new
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy.  Honestly, people keep telling me how miserable the last 6 weeks are, but I am enjoying it!
Looking forward to: Letting Dallin in on some of the fun that I get to experience every day with Spud

A few weeks ago, I was able to go back to Napa for a baby shower my mom and sis threw for me and to visit with the family.  Being able to see some people I had not seen in a few years was wonderful and also amazing to feel so loved and supported by people that have been there for me since we moved to Napa.
Such beautiful women who have had a great impact on my life

The gorgeous Katy even came up from Walnut Creek to celebrate!

The lovely Heather who brought great joy to my high school years

I think my belly won...
We have been doing some restoration projects in  preparation for Spud.  We got a dresser from Dallin's grandma Lehmitz's house and have been sanding down the vaneer and staining it ever since.  Well, mostly Dallin since the vapors and sand particles are not too good for baby.  We also got a lamp from DI which we spray painted and reupholstered the shade to make it a little more fun for baby.  The dresser is not quiet done yet, hopefully this weekend, but here are pictures of the lamp!


Last weekend was so beautiful here in Salt Lake that we decided to take a trip to temple square to see the magnificient display of flowers that they have planted each year.  I know many ooh and ahh over the temple lights around Christmas, which they are nice, but to me, the flowers are even more breathtaking.  Maybe because I am a spring baby, but I could spend hours walking around the grounds admiring each flower.
Just a taste

Honestly, SO may flowers

Even ones the size of my head!
Dallin finished up his semester this past week and will be starting summer semester in about a week.  Other than that, we have just been doing our little projects and enjoying the spring weather!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going well. You finally look pregnant in that one picture with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...