With only 7 weeks left until baby spud hopefully makes his big debut into this world, we thought we would share some of our thoughts on becoming parents. We found these questions on Google, as well as added a few of our own.
Kelli:
Do you have any fears of becoming a parent?
Who doesn't? To name a few: raising a hellian, doing something that messes him up for life, not being able to let him know how amazing he is everyday, dropping him...the list goes on. Just know that I am planning on conversing with the Big Guy A LOT!
What were your own parents like?
A good blend of authority and friendship. We always knew that we could talk to them about anything that was going on and at least one would help us through the dilemma. However, don't think the law was laid down when need be!
Do you have a favorite memory of your mom?
Mostly just talking. Mama B was great at knowing when her kids needed her and what activities would get what child to open up. Mine was usually a walk or a trip to the grocery store. We all knew when the answer was a "Not this time" when asked if we could go along that whichever kid got to go needed one-to-one mama B time.
Do you have a favorite memory of your dad?
Going to Home Depot in the Blue Suede Beast and getting to eat his dum-dums out of the ash tray. To this day, I still walk into Home Depot and smile because of the fun memories that come with going there with dad.
Is there a parenting trait of your mom's that you really want to continue?
The open communication. If you know her, you know that one of mama B's strengths is the ability to make people feel instantly comfortable around her as well as not judged. She used this through our upbringings which created a safe environment that we always felt we could talk to her about anything. I loved this and hope that I can continue/implement a good line of communication with my kiddos.
Is there a parenting trait of your dad's that you really want to continue?
Always pushing us to do our best. Yes, it was frustrating at times, but looking back I realize that he only encouraged us to do better because he believed in our ability to be better. I also realize the importance of constantly giving myself opportunities to grow which I believe is from my dad's "subtle" nudging to do better and always try.
What experiences are you most looking forward to?
In the beginning, just seeing this being that we created and have felt/seen wiggle around for the past few months along with getting to know his personality. Later on, watching him grow and become the person he is meant to become. Also, just having a little buddy who I can snuggle with anytime and not have to give him back to anyone.
Dallin:
Do you have any fears of becoming a parent?
YESSSSS! But who doesn't? Like, will I be a good dad/example to look up to? Will I know everything that a dad should know? Just all of these questions run through my mind when ever I stop and really think about it.
What were your own parents like?
Dad - Very knowledgeable. Fixed cars, loves guns and to hunt, spent a lot of time outside working in the yard, read Tom Clancy novels, and didn't/doesn't understand why his kids don't like black licorice.
Mom - Loving, nurturing, loves puzzles, reading books by the fire, would always tuck us in at night, loves to garden and crochet.
Both made us work and play outside. I remember my mom saying that if we wanted to wrestle or box we had to do it outside. I remember helping my dad build a fence, hold a light while he worked on the car, played catch and split firewood.
Do you have a favorite memory of your mom?
Going shopping with her. I always asked her "Just exactly where are we going?" It was only after that I would find out where we were going that I made my decision. Even though I made a big deal out of it, I really did enjoy the time with her.
Do you have a favorite memory of your dad?
Going on camping/hiking trips. I really liked the time that we spent together outdoors. Camping in Pozo, hiking Caliente, fishing at Chesterfield Lake, and Hogsback.
Is there a parenting trait of your mom's that you really want to continue?
Her thoughtfulness. She always had dinner ready and made sure that all of our needs were met. She seemed to care about all her kids this way. She always put our needs before hers.
Is there a parenting trait of your dad's that you really want to continue?
His value of quality time. I realize just how important this is going to be. I really want to be able to give this to every member of our family. I also hope that they want to spend that time with me:)
What experiences are you most looking forward to?
Fishing with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aida is 4!
Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...
-
What's your name? Luke Benson How old are you? 8 What is your favorite thing to do? Play outside What do you want to be when you gr...
-
This quote perfectly sums up the past four days in the Green family. The best place to start is the beginning, but if you are not interested...
This is so sweet! You two are going to be amazing parents!! I can't wait to meet this handsome little guy!
ReplyDelete