Saturday, June 8, 2013

Staying Busy


How far along: 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 33 lbs
How big is baby?  About a small watermelon...kind of mind boggling to think that THAT has to come out of my body...

Maternity clothes: Since maternity leave started, light sweats and over sized t-shirts.  Its like middle school all over again.
Sleep: On the same 2 hour schedule.  I was telling D the other day how I don't even remember what it is like to sleep through the whole night.
Best moment of this week: Realizing and being okay with the fact that within 24-hours our whole lives change, only we have no idea when that 24 hours will be.  Which, if you know me you know I am a planner and to be completely okay with this is pretty awesome.
Miss anything: Bending over.  Sounds silly, but really, it makes life so much easier
Movement: Not as dramatic, but he still likes to fully stretch out on a regular basis.  And hiccups are a multiple times a day occurrence.
Food cravings: Still none. 
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: Possibly?!  I honestly don't know if what I feel are signs or not.  Medically, from Dr. Nielson's exams no signs in the TMI area, but that means very little.
Belly button in or out: Still both depending on where Spud is pushing out.
Wedding rings on or off: On, unless I anticipate getting hot, which causes my hands to swell anyway.
Happy or moody most of the time: Still quite peacful, just hanging out.  No anxious feelings of "Get it over with!" either.
Looking forward to: Seeing what his little personality is like

Over Memorial Day, we made our first venture out to Antelope Island for the Cowboy Legends Festival at Garr Ranch.   Actually going to Antelope Isalnd was a first for both of us and we both really enjoyed the experience!  On our way to the ranch, we saw buffalo crossing signs, but just thought, "Oh, we will probably see them in the distance which will be neat."  However, the signs did not lie!  We actually had to stop to let a giant bison cross the road literally 100 yards in front of our car.   Then, as we kept driving, we came upon a herd of over 100 bison.  Of course, "Guy on a Buffalo" came to mind.  Watch this little clip if you have not seen them.  There are a few of them, but this is our favorite mainly for the part that says, "Its a baby.  Awesome!"




Those dark spots are not rocks or trees...they are all buffalo
Garr Ranch is a ranch that the LDS church used to help some of the first pioneers make their way out to Utah through the Perpetual Emmigration Fund.   It is tucked away across the Salt Flats, filled with historical items and ranch houses.  The Cowboy Legends Festival that was taking place there when we visited was a nice reminder that simplicity in life is all you need.  There were singers and poets who just found complete joy in the life that God gave them.  The whole experience was quite peaceful. 

View from the ranch looking over the Salt Flats towards Salt Lake City
Looks completely normal...
This past weekend we made our way out to Eagle Mountain (or Eagleton as Dallin kept calling the city), to see Chris Cagle.  We were so impressed when we saw him in Wendover that when we saw he was performing again, we decided to make the trip.  He did not disappoint.  A very good live performer and once again, being out in the boonies was a nice escape.  Not to mention the people watching is always a treat at his concerts!

We also went up to Logan to visit with the Hunsakers and say goodbye to a dear friend of mine who is moving to Texas with her hubby this week.  While enjoying the beautiful evening, I managed to get just one mosquito bite, which is good for me.  Nevertheless, this one bite made up for not getting any others.  I always react pretty bad to the first few bites of the season, but this one seemed worse because it was on my hand.  By 11 o' clock that night, I could not even make a fist, that is how swollen it was.   Thankfully, the swelling went down within 48 hours and I didn't got into labor because I am pretty sure they would have thought I had toxemia or something if I went to Labor and Delivery. 
Can you tell which hand had the mosquito bite?
That is all the news we really have for now.  I know that many are awaiting the BIG news, and trust that we will let you know when Spud decides to make his big debut.  Now that we have entered the 21st century with Dallin getting a smart phone (yes, I still have a dumb phone), social media will spread the news.  No need to rush little man, though!  We love you all and hope you have an amazing week.

1 comment:

  1. You finally really look pregnant, Kelly! You have been so tiny in all of your pictures!! Cameron and I are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Green!

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...