Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Interview with a Green: Goals for 2014

I was never a fan of resolutions.  Goals, however, are more up my ally.  They are more attainable as you break down bigger goals into smaller ones so that you actually achieve what you set out to do.  Therefore, each year I try to set goals in the five main areas of my life (social, physical, intellectual, spiritual and emotional).  I then break those down into monthly goals that help achieve the bigger goal.  Obviously, I roped Dallin into doing this too and "we" decided to do our interview with a Green about our goals so that we are held to them by all our faithful readers!

Kelli
Social:
  • Don't hold others to a standard I think they should be at, but rather love them where they are and help them grow. We can all grow in someway.
  • Join a new club of some sort
 Physical:
  • Learn Pilates
  • Become a better hiker
 Intellectual:
  • Read. Instead of clicking on the TV or waking up the phone, pick up a book
  • Memorize a piano piece
 Spiritual:
  • Come to know my Savior on a deeper level
  • Recognize the Spirit in my life more often
 Emotional:
  • Replace worry, anxiety and fear with prayer
  • Increase journal writing

Dallin
Social:
  • Get in contact with an old friend with whom I have lost contact
  • Get a fishing buddy 
Physical:
  • Bench press 10 lbs over my weight
Intellectual:
  • Maintain a B+ average
Spiritual:
  • Learn a hymn on the guitar
  • Study 12 different gospel topics throughout the year
 Emotional:
  •  Make a list of 5 things that made me happy every day for a month
    • Then take the 150 things and try to help others in the same way
We hope all have a wonderful New Year and are as excited as we are for 2014!  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...