Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's New, Greens?

With Mr. Spudders figuring out mobility, the blog has been neglected.  I am typing this as he is spinning in circles under the couch, squealing at the cushions, closing his eyes so that spit he is spewing out of his mouth does not get in his eyes.  I never claimed he was normal.  He has not quite gotten the hang of moving more than side to side, but I have the looming feeling that one day he will just pick himself up and be on the other side of the room.  Then, we are in trouble. 

See? He is a little crazy

For New Years, we went up to Midway to celebrate.  We ate at the Blue Boar Inn.  Wow is not even an accurate word to describe that meal.  I mean, we ate the salad (or "Weeds" as Dallin's dad would have called it), and audibly kept sighing with delight.  I had no clue a salad, of all things, could bring such joy to my life.  The meal itself did not disappoint, either.  We highly recommend it and are actually thinking about spending an anniversary there before we move from the area.

We then went to the Ice Castles that we happened to drive past on our way to the restaurant.  Oh my goodness, those things are amazing!  We did not go into them because they were not open yet and we had to get back to Salt Lake, but just looking from the outside, they looked amazing.  People are so creative.  Always makes me wonder, "How do we come up with something like that?!"  I looked them up and this guy who creates them basically used to make them for his kids in his backyard and now makes millions of dollars each year sharing them with everyone across the country.  He selects a few places each year to build them, so it is kind of a novelty when they are in your area. 

  
 


Poor Luke was diagnosed with baby eczema.  We thought it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin he was on since his daddy is allergic to all cillans, but turns out the antibiotic, along with the winter weather, just aggravated the eczema. His head and back looked like he had leprosy.  No joke.  His Dr said it will clear up and that most babies outgrow it.  But, for now, we got some good lotion made by Vaseline, recommended by a neighbor, as well as Eucerin Aquaphor ointment and coconut oil.  The combo of all three has had a drastic effect and he is looking like a soft little babes again. 
Still so handsome, even with his eczema
Looking so much better!
The coconut oil has kind of become a joke in our house.  I got a little excited about the many uses of coconut oil to the point where if Dallin had a cut or bug bite or needed shoes to be shined, I would tell him to put some coconut oil on it.  But, seriously, it is pretty awesome stuff.  I put it on a zit, gone the next day.  Brother's girl put it on a bug bite, gone the next day. Exotic smelling magic in a jar.  Plus, we have a vat of it from Costco.
Dallin started his the first of hopefully last three semesters at the University of Utah.  Hopefully, hopefully.  Prayers are welcome and will not be turned away on this one.  We are a little done with school.  Look up "Senioritis" in the dictionary and you will find our faces in a forlorn state. 

I am still working about 7 hours a week with clients, and then about 3 hours conducting online trainings, which is nice just to get out every now and then and break up the mundane.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being mom to my crazy babes, but it is nice to get away every now and then.  Like I said, he is an ever moving, crazy babes.  Thankfully, he takes naps now.  All that jumping, rolling, spinning, squealing and dancing wears him out.

This was night when he decided bedtime was not quite bedtime
Such slobbery, yet amazing kisses
Loving his new jumper!
 We are loving that December and January kind of switched weather trends since we were gone for a lot of the bad part of December and January has brought cleaner air with warmer temperatures.  I'm not complaining.  It seriously hurt a little driving out of the sunny California boarder.

After sleeping for 10 hours strait one night and then spitting up all the contents of his stomach because he ate too much, this is what Dallin changed him into before he went back to sleep for the rest of the night.  Sleeps in style.
We have kind of become more nerdy/educated/civilized and have been loving listening to books on CD.  It started on the trip to California, which we always get books to listen to for the ominous drive, but very rarely ever really listen to them on the trip due to them being boring or just weird.  However, this time, I came prepared.  I literally checked out 8 books on CD from the library.  That way, if one was not fulfilling our listening appetites, we could trade it out for another.  Dallin got into the Hunger Games and has even been listening to them at work to finish them before we have to return them.  I have been listening to The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.  Such a good story! I find myself making up reasons to drive to a certain store, further away, just so I can listen to the book. 
This just further testifies of our nerdiness.  We were mocking my little sis and her boyfriend who literally wear eye goggles to chop onion...this was our poor man's replication
That is our life so far this month.  Luke turns 7 months on Thursday, so get excited for that little update.  We love you all and hope you are doing well.  Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...