Kelli:
I love Dallin because....
- He has the patience of Job. Seriously. I can count on one hand the number of times he has even slightly gotten frustrated with me, which is pretty amazing seeing as I can be quite the pill when I get into a mood. He, however, just always keeps his cool, let's me get it off my chest, then points out very calmly how silly I was being.
- He has a way of lightening any situation, bringing smiles to all involved. I don't know how he does it, but whenever he feels things are tense, he says something witty or brings up a story that makes everyone laugh and just relax.
- He never gave up on me. I was quite stubborn and afraid of any kind of commitment when we were dating. He, however, stuck with me, softened my heart and eventually opened my eyes to how much I did love him and needed to be with him. A lot of other men would have walked away long before he did. He still believes in me and is sure to help me overcome any obstacles.
- He never complains about sacrificing so much to be an amazing husband, father, son, brother and friend. He just does it. He is in school full time, works full time, devotes all he has to Luke and myself, and then is always mindful of his siblings as well as helps out a friend when they ask without batting an eye. To top it all off, he is still one of the happiest people I know and, if I didn't know him so well, would never think he got stressed.
- His testimony never falters. Dallin is one that if he knows it, that's it. No more questions need to be ask. He has an amazing gift to believe and then follow that. His testimony is solid.

- He challenges me. He has pushed me to grow in ways that I did not think I could grow, which has taught me so much about myself, my capabilities and my Lord.
- His laugh is contagious. He can be the orneriest baby in the world, driving me completely bonkers and then he laughs and I forget all negative thoughts I may have been having about him and just laugh with him.
- He is curious. The boy just loves to get into everything, watch everything...just figure things out. I know this will probably get us into trouble later, but I love that he loves to explore.
- His name fits him. Luke means "light" and light truly comes from that little boy. His whole body lights up when he is excited or happy. Literally, his whole body. When he likes something is legs stretch out, his arms go up and his hands wiggle while his body wiggles. He never gives just a half smile. Whenever he smiles, his whole face lights up and makes all around him smile. He also has a way of just melting your heart by giving a random cuddle or kiss or just being himself.
- His personality fits in our family. Some might call him a tough babes or crazy, but he fits with us. We would not have him any other way. And, he loves books, which I love reading them to him and seeing him wiggle and giggle with joy.
Dallin:
I love Kelli because....
- She always shows that she loves me. Whether it is making breakfast in the morning or always kissing me goodnight, I know that she cares for me and puts me before herself.
- She is a great dancer. She won't upload that video to the blog but I got a good one of her in the kitchen with a spatula. It is little things like this that I notice that made me fall in love with her from the beginning.
- I really love laughing with her. We have a similar sense of humor so I always have someone to laugh with and someone to relax with after a busy day.
- She is a great mother. The fact that she stresses over Luke so, tells me that she cares for him unconditionally and on a daily basis sacrifices her time and energy to be there for that little mischievous and totally awesome little man.
- Kelli has to be one of the most thoughtful people that I know. Every month it seems that there is someone who is having a birthday and they will be getting a gift from Kelli. She is a great friend and I am lucky to have her.
I love Luke because.......
- He always greets me with a smile. It is great to walk in the door and see him after work and there is always a smile on his face.
- He loves to laugh. Even after something hits him on the head or falls down it doesn't take too much to get him to stop crying and back in a fun mood. Who likes to cry anyway?
- It is a different feeling to be a parent now. I am now responsible for another's life as well as their choices/consequences. As I think about him growing up and going to school, friends, job, girls(trouble) some stressful feelings come, but it doesn't come close to the joy and happiness that I feel of having a family of my own.
- I am looking forward to being able to do things with him and go places. At least until he reaches that age of not wanting anything to do with me. That will be a hard bridge to cross.
- Story time. I don't always get to read him a story before he goes to bed, but when I do I enjoy watching him turn the pages...and try to eat them. Bedtime is probably the only time where I actually get a snuggle from that kid. Mom seems to always get those, but once it is time to go to bed Luke gives me one good hug before I put him in his crib.
Hope that was not too painful/mushy/boring. We enjoyed sharing with one another. Probably something that should be done more often with everyone. Share the love this Valentine season, and every season!

I love this so much! Happy families are such a blessing. You guys are so adorable. As I read the reasons you love Dallin it made me realize that I love Cameron for very similar reasons. Especially for sticking with me when I was a total freak-of-nature and wanted to run away. This was not too mushy. Thanks for reminding me of the importance of telling those around me why I love them!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks, Brianna! Especially being a new mom, I feel that that gets neglected because we put so much of our hearts into that little being. It is nice to take a step back and remember those who are there for us every step of the way.
Delete