Monday, February 3, 2014

January Excitements

I write this with pain in my heart as I recall the recent events of our beloved Broncos.  Watching them in yesterday's Super Bowl was physically painful for me.  Dallin, who got to experience this Super Bowl as his first, as well as Luke's, was sitting nearby wondering, "What's all the hoop-la about the Super Bowl?"  Keep in mind, he was recently converted to being a Bronco/football fan at the beginning of this season, all thanks to aunt Terri.  I had tried and tried, basically since we started dating, only to fail.  Then, Terri visits for a week at the beginning of the season, shares her excitement and bam, Dallin starts asking every week when the Broncos play.  Being a Colorado native, raised in a house that breathed football from my grandpa as a high school coach, dad as a player and later youth football coach, avid football fanatic mother, cheerleader sister and superstar playing brother, it was in my blood.  Needless to say, I did not complain at this turn of events in my hubby.
Pre-game shenanigans
Loved his gameday treat- mango
Anyway, from the first failed snap to the last painful turnover, I ached for the orange and blue as they struggled against the young buck Seahawks who, let's be honest, are probably all on some sort of Performance Enhancing Drug.  But, unlike the bandwagon Bronco fans this year, we are still fans and will be anxiously waiting for them to come back with a vengeance next season. United in Orange!

A few weeks ago, we made the short trip up to Park City during the Sundance Film Festival to 1) get out of the smog and 2) try to see Robert Redford, again.  We achieved one of the two goals.  I am determined to see him at least once.  It was a beautiful day to just walk around main street, enjoy the fresh air and people watch.




A little break from walking at the firepit

"Oh, hey mom."
 Luke is a busy boy!  He has started "Zombie Crawling," as Dallin has dubbed it mainly because he pushes with one leg, while the other just kind of drags behind, like a zombie.  He currently only does it when he REALLY wants something, like a basket or rug or the vacuum or my poor plant.  Mama B., how did you have your plants survive four children?!

This was when our landlord was fixing our furnace and banging around in the laundry room.  Luke was determined to figure out what the sound was by staring intently at the vent
Luke and our sweet friend, Aspen
They crack me up
He is also getting 4, yes FOUR, teeth in at once.  The top four.  Let's just say, sleep was a little sad for a few nights.  He seems to be in a little less pain the past couple of days, but those buggers are still making their ways down so I am not holding my breath that we have made it through the worst of it.  On the up side, his skin as cleared up and he is a bouncing, jabbering cutie who everyone thinks is a girl...


Ready for Valentine's day with his jammies...
and "Hello Ladies" t-shirt
Envious of our ice cream at Leatherby's
Dallin has started his fitness challenge at work, like he did last year.  Only this year is longer and more involved.  The challenge lasts for 6 months, instead of 3, and the prize is an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the United States.  He is pumped seeing as we have talked about going to Hawaii to celebrate when he finally graduates.  Having the trip all paid for would just make it that much more enjoyable!  He has called upon the knowledge of one of his older brothers to put together a program for him.  Encouraging texts, emails and phone calls from all will help him stay motivated! 
Selfies with dad at the mechanic
As for me, I have just been learning how to do this mom thing.  Last week we sold my snowboard so I went out to our shed to get my boots only to have the shed door close and lock behind me.  This door NEVER locks on it's own.  We usually have to force it closed.  Apparently, the trick to get it to lock on it's own is to just have someone inside.  After yelling for help for a minute or so, I decided Neighborhood Watch was sleeping and I needed to get out on my own to get Spud, who had just woken up from his nap and was in his crib.  Logically, I grabbed a paint brush of all things to try and jimmy the door or loosen a board or something.  Surprisingly, this did not produce any results.  Therefore, I started kicking the door, only the door is quite big.  High school physics came into play as I realized that my little foot was not providing enough force for the large surface area of the door; but, my body would do the trick.  After about ten hip slams, the door flung open as I had torn the lock off the shed wall.  My hip and lower back JUST stopped aching today. 
The damage to the storage lock
Busting out of sheds, occasionally working, going to the temple and visiting with friends while raising my silly boy have been the highlights of the past few weeks for me.

Hope are all doing well. We love you! Happy February.  Enjoy this little video with the sweet laughter of Spud (please excuse his grunting at the end...).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...