Sunday, April 27, 2014

Interview with a Green: Guilty Pleasures

On our way to Dallin's boss's house the other day to "lay sod" aka "trick wife into a morning of gaming with my coworkers," Dallin got a little excited when an Ellie Goulding song began to play on the radio.  This is not the first time this has happened.  He does it with Demi Lovato, too.  Anyway, after I giggled a little, he divulged that the song is on his playlist named "Trendy," at work.  He told this to his coworker one day to which the coworker responded, "Oh, I have one of those.  Only mine is called 'guilty pleasures.'"  This got us thinking about those little things that we are too embarrassed sometimes to admit we find great joy from doing.  So, here are 5 of our guilty pleasures which include everything from food to music to games.

Kelli

1.  Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson, old school





There is something about those first couple of albums that just make me want to dance and be a 6th grader, singing at the top of my lungs with some of my best friends like nobody's business. 

2. Hot dogs
I know.  Gross.  But, I do secretly get quite excited when we have a BBQ or get invited to one because that means there will be disgustingly, delicious grilled hot dogs with all the toppings.

3. Grey's Anatomy

I still, to this day, get completely sucked into the drama of Seattle Grace Hospital and all of it's residents.  Don't know what it is about this show, but I can't walk away.  I have tried multiple times since I started watching in 2005 whenever they kill off my favorite character or my favorite couple breaks up....I always come back.

4.  Uno
Yes.  Uno.  The mindless, some would say boring game that is fit for a 10-year-old.  I LOVE Uno and secretly hope that every time we have a game night, someone will pick Uno as the game of choice so that I can let my competitive gremlin out a little bit (I ALWAYS put it out with the other games...). Dallin has requested I keep the gremlin under lock and key but I just can't contain the excitement and eagerness to win a good game of Uno (all crazy, not included in the package rules version, of course!).

5. SClub 7/Spice Girls and the likes



If you know SClub 7 are, I will be impressed.  They were a TV show band in the late 90's that my little sister watched.  I convinced my little sister to ask for the album for her birthday one year so that I could listen to them because I was too embarrassed to admit that I really enjoyed them.  Same with the Spice Girls. Every once in awhile (long whiles), I will still pull them up and belt out the corny, horribly written songs at the top of my lungs.

Dallin:
So, Kelli already divulged to two of my guilty pleasures forcing me to come up with 2 additional ones. Not fair if you ask me.

1.  Musicals
My Fair Lady and the Music Man are 2 of my favs. I have my mom to thank for that. She introduced all of her kids to old movies, music and musicals. Thanks Mom.



2.  The Irish Tenors
Similar to the musicals but still a separate guilty pleasure in my book. Below is one of my favorite songs that they perform.



3. Star Craft 

Its a computer game.  My work buddies and I may have gone into work on a Saturday and played this game for 1 to....... okay 3 hours. My neighbor growing up introduced me to it and I have been hooked ever since.  I don't really get to play it very much, but when I do, I still can't help but feel a little embarrassed if Kelli is around. Once Luke is older I will try to use this as father son bonding time.



4. Lord of the Rings

This is one that my family shares with me as well. I thought everyone loved the books and movies. It wasn't until I tried watching the movies with Kelli that I heard the deep breathing of sleep during the first 30 minutes. Insulting I know. To this day she hasn't finished one.


 5.  Shredding Paper manually...not with a shredder
This one is a little crazy, I will admit. I was known as the "shredder" by my family growing up. When ever Kelli has something sensitive to throw away I generally get the job that I secretly kind of sort of enjoy. Don't judge.

Luke:

1. Giving the floor raspberries

Okay.  So the picture above is not the floor because I love giving raspberries to lots of things, but the floor is my favorite.  Something about that cold tile on my lips, then adding a little spit.  Glorious.

2. Dirt
A nice handful of dirt always hits the spot!  Something about trying to hide it from mom and dad just makes it that much more yummy.

3. Makeup brushes
I know they are for girls, but those soft bristles and the way they catch the light are just so addicting!

4. Toilet Brush
I don't even know what it is about this thing, but I can't pull myself away whenever I catch a glimpse of it.

5. Huggies Baby

That baby on the Huggies box is just so dang cute and always smiling.  I just can't contain my excitement when I see him/her (not really sure).

There you have it!  What are some of your guilty pleasures??  We would LOVE to hear them and promise we won't judge.

2 comments:

  1. I also love Spice Girls!! How embarrassing!! Have you ever watched the show, Nashville? Seriously I curse the day I watched the first episode...cant stop!
    I loved this post, BTW! Great topic. Everyone has them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhh...if there were 6 guilty pleasures listed, Nashville would have been the sixth. Ahh---dict--ted!! Why oh why does getting so wrapped up in fictitious drama feel so good?!

      Delete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...