With our family birthday season in full swing (mine in May, Spud's in June and Dallin's in July), along with the celebration of Stinker's first, we wanted to share some of our most memorable birthdays with you guys! Buckle your seat-belts because it is time to take a trip down celebration memory lane.
Dallin:
- I can't even remember what birthday it was but I had about 6 friends over to help celebrate. I was still in grade school at the time and my mother had put together some fun games for us to play. One involved finding a dime in a cup of flour and other game had to do with eating licorice. I only remember this because my friend Spencer threw up all the licorice that he ate. So you can kind of gather why this birthday stuck out to me. One of my friends Michael brought over his new Playstation and I rented Resident Evil 2 from the Warehouse. In my opinion still one of the best video games of all time. It was a slumber party and we were making quite a racket. So of course my dad came out in his unmentionables and told us to cut out the noise. That was quite memorable.
- I think this was for my sixteenth birthday but can be sure. All I remember was the toilet paper, seat covers, and forks that covered my house and front lawn. I'm pretty sure that it was my seminary class but they never coughed up to it.
- On one birthday occasion I remember asking my dad for something (going out to eat I think) and his response was "What do you think this is your birthday?" To which I responded quite frankly "Yes." I'm pretty sure that I could have chosen to eat at the Ritz after that and he would have obliged.
Kelli:
- My sixth birthday was one I will never forget. I was beyond excited because we had a big party planned at Jungle Jim's. However, the day before, my little brother and sister decided to be be born, stealing my thunder from the get go (jokes, jokes). Confession: I was quite upset that neither my mom NOR my dad were going to be at my birthday party. My dear papa agreed to corral the party of 6-year-olds while they enjoyed the hospital. However, after the party, I got to see the twins which softened my little bitter heart and changed my attitude. I still stand by my statement that they were the best present I received that year.
- In 1997, my parent's decided our birthday presents would be a trip to Disneyworld. (Warning: this one makes me sound like a little turd. I think I had a complex from being the forgotten child. Jokes!) Now, if you don't know my dad, let me tell you a little about him. He LOVES saving money any way he can. In this story, he saved money by making me lie about my age. I had just turned 10, but he wanted me to say I was 9 because the tickets were cheaper for under 10-years-old. I did it, but I was NOT happy about it mainly because I was finally in the double digits and I was to tell everyone I was still 9-years-old. See? Turd. I now wish that was the least of my problems.
- Then there was my 13th birthday which was forgotten. Both parents will deny it to this day, but I can assure you that when I came home from school with balloons from friends, there was a definite panicked look on my mom's face as she quickly got her keys to "run errands" aka "get an ice cream cake for the birthday we forgot at the store."
- Rock 'n Bowl Party. Not sure what birthday this was, 10th?
11th? not sure...but it was a blast. My mom made the cutest invitations
that looked like four bowling pins with the information, it was 50's
themed and you better believe that we rocked, hand jived and bowled.
There was also some classic concoctions made in the middle of the night
truth or dare shenanigans.
 |
| Look at that hair on my dad! |
- For my 23rd birthday, my college roommates/best friends and I
went down to Solvang. To this day, that is one of my most favorite day
trips. We enjoyed the pastries, window shopped and got lost in the
little Danish village for a day. It was perfect. I love those girls
and cherish many memories I have with them.
 |
| Katy and Katelyn modeling some hats |
 |
| Lovely birthday in Solvang | | | | | | | | |
There you have it. Any birthday memories you want to share?
No comments:
Post a Comment