Sunday, June 1, 2014

MAY the sun shine bright

I got a reminder in the mail yesterday from my OBGYN informing me that it had been a year since my last lady check up, meaning I was due for another.  I almost called to tell them they were mistaken because I had just been in after having Luke.  It was then that Dallin reminded me that Spud is turning ONE in just two weeks.  I may have teared up a little.

May is one of my favorite months, for many different reasons.  Top of the list is Baldwin sibling birthday month, aka Christmas in May, followed by the final arrival of warm weather, green trees, flowers blooming, Mother's Day and gardens.  What's not to love about May?

We mostly played outside this past month, mainly because every time Luke sees the door or hears something that resembles a knock, he insists on going outside.  We then spend the next 30-40 minutes roaming the grass, checking out the hose (he is determined to figure out how to turn it on), playing in the water, testing out the texture of all rocks, asking mom if he can eat said rocks by holding them up then shaking his head and saying "No" while he flicks it aside, and just roaming the yard.  We did, however, make a trip down to Lehi to join our friends Courtney and Variah for a trip to the Natural Museum of Curiousity that opened this month.  Basically, it is a children's museum on crack.  So much to do, so much fun and perfect for curious Spud.  He did get a little upset that I would not let him crawl into the Noah's Ark swimming pool outside.  Next time, babes, next time.
Watching the air tunnel blow items to the ceiling
Such a neat water sensory table

"Whoa!"

Our garden is in the ground, trying with all it's might to grow.  This year we decided to plant the usual tomatoes and peppers as well as added arugula (or "rocket" as Terri says it is called in Europe...), cantaloupe, zucchini and broccoli.  The naughty birds keeping eating my cantaloupe and arugula.  I tell Dallin we need to teach Luke how to use an air soft gun pronto to fix this problem. 
Container plant with flowers from my new favorite place

Luke helped plant the garden
Lukee and I have decided to put together a hiking bucket list for the summer.  Something to get us out while dad is busy at work and school all day.  First hike was an easy one, but still good.  We hiked up to Ensign Peak to see the city from where it all started.  He was a trooper in the backpack.  Well, until I stopped for breaks, then he was like a mean jockey pushing his horse to keep going. 
At the top
Salt Lake Valley
And now, just some pictures to sum up what Spud has been doing this past month:
Rocking the crazy hair

Acting like a dog

Folding his arms when we pray

Got his first hair trim

Attempting to feed himself

We hope everyone had an enjoyable May!  Love and miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute little guy! Spud the stud :) I'm glad we got to hang out the other day. And props to you for your summer hike bucket list. Impressive. I'll be enjoying my AC

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...