Friday, May 16, 2014

Luke is 11 Months Old


Oh how bittersweet it is that next month this little man will be ONE!  Here are some things he has been up to this past month:
Just hanging with Jerry

  • LOVES his stuffed giraffe, Jerry (partly named after Jerry from Parks and Rec).  He mostly sleeps with him, but everytime we are in his room, he will point at his crib and  babble "G-G."
  • Was the king of rashes this past month including roseola and fifths disease (both sound WAY worse than they actually were)
  •  Has 7 teeth
  • Eats EVERYTHING
  • Rubs his hands together to tell us he is done eating
  • Thinks the "Hooray" part of Happy and You Know It is the best part
  • Gets into anything and everything, including up high since he has figured out climbing
  • Knows the rules about not touching plants or lamps but likes to flirt with them.  In fact, he will look at me and shake his head "no" while reaching for them
  • Reading is still a favorite
  • Outside trumps all activities.  He either blows bloopers or blows kissed when he wants to go outside
  • Figuring out "Uh-Oh" so now whenever he throws something on the floor or drops something, we hear this really serious, "Uh-oh."
  • Can shake his booty like nobody's business
  • Walks while holding a hand
  • Likes to sing the "EiEi-O" part of Old McDonald
  • Gives the best hugs
  • Balloons are a popular item
  • Opening and closing doors, drawers, cabinets, trashcans...if it can open, he finds it...all day
  • HUGE goofball.  Anytime he gets us to laugh, he will look at us, make a fake giggle and do whatever we laughed at again and again
  • Smiles all day (unless something is not going his way) and brings smiles all day!

"Oh. This flower? I know I shouldn't, but look how cute I am."

See? Mostly smiles...

...until he is not so sure
We love you and your sweet, silly self more and more everyday, Spud!

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I feel like it was yesterday that I read your blog when he was born. I guess what they say is true (although when Nathan was born I absolutely DID NOT believe it) it really does go by fast! I love that his giraffe is named Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! In the beginning I felt like he would never grow big, but now that he is, I feel like I can't slow it down! And we just felt that Parks and Rec Jerry needs more love, so we are remotely giving it to him through Jerry the Giraffe...

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can't believe he is gonna be 1 soon! Time has flown. Variah has that same giraffe and calls him "Ra". She loves him. They will have to play with their giraffes together some day :) Cute pictures of that little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...