The past week and half, Luke and I took a little trip to Napa to visit family while Dallin finished up his summer semester. Let's be honest, Dallin got more of a vacation than I did. Even though I found out I was not cut out for single parenting and pray three times as hard now that Dallin is safe everyday, we had a blast with the Baldwins.
We started the trip on the plane, which was half empty, but this guy, Paul, asked if he could sit with us. I hesitantly said, "Sure, if you don't mind a very active 1-year-old the whole time," to which he replied, "I would love that! I'm nostalgic for little ones." Him and Spud were best buds by the end of the hour and half plane ride.
We then got treated to Black Bear Diner in Napa. I'm not sure what it is about these restaurants that start in California and then expand to other states, but the originals ALWAYS taste better. Honestly, we are not fans of In-n-Out here in Utah because they truly taste different. Same with Black Bear. Anyway, Luke downed a whole pancake (they are the size of a dinner plate), hash browns, sausage and eggs. I think flying made him hungry. Napa's Black Bear was delicious.
 |
| Rag muffin with a mouth full of pancake |
We then went to Nana's where Spud was overjoyed to see Obi the dog. Well, until Obi knocked him over with his tail three times in a row...Typical teenager. Do not worry, were buds again in 10 minutes. The first two days were so hot that we mostly spent our time in the backyard, Luke in diaper only, playing with the hose, dog water and kiddie pool.
 |
| The kid LOVED getting buried in the beanie babies. At least they serve some purpose! |
 |
| He also was a little obsessed with this giant polar bear |
 |
| Played some tunes on the piano |
 |
| And looked out Nana's window |
Nana did not get a picture of it, which I'm so sad about, but on Thursday morning, I was taking a shower and came out to hear Luke howling and the bath tub running. I go down only to have Nana giggling as she turned around, revealing Spud covered from head to toe in mud. Holding back laughs I asked what happened. She then told me the America's Funniest Home Videoes story of how they were watering the garden when Obi started pestering Luke. Nana told Obi to get away only to have Luke trip and fall face first into a pile of mud at the exact moment Obi decided to listen to Nana's commands which resulted in Obi backing up, tripping over Luke and sitting on him as he laid in the mud. Tragic, but hilarious. See? You wish she had gotten it on video, too.
Auntie Lexi spoiled me with a massage at the spa she works at. She knows that I have softball sized knots in my back that cause some major tension headaches. Thus, she hooked me up with Jeff, who is known for his deep tissue work. It was amazing. Too bad I could not just take him back to Utah with me for a weekly deep tissue massage. Maybe then the knots would leave me alone! Okay, maybe just learning how to not carry my stress there will do that, but he sure would help get the ball rolling!
While visiting, Luke had a lot of firsts, including:
.JPG) |
| This kid loves sand |
.JPG) |
| Getting attacked by that freezing water and loving it |
.JPG) |
| Thought it was pretty funny to get his feet buried |
.JPG) |
| Changing in the car. Love those cheeks! |
- First farmer's market. The picture pretty much sums up how he felt about the farmer's market.
 |
| He ate the WHOLE pluot |
- First concussion (just a mild one...he is completely fine).
- First time playing with the beautiful Katy!
- First taste of Mexican ice cream. This was a first for me, too. Oh man. Let's just say I am glad we do not know of anything similar here in Salt Lake.
- First time to TrainTown. He LOVED TrainTown. The whole train ride (which was pretty impressive in the landscaping), he just sat and went "OOOH!" Then at the miniature train town the train takes you to, he loved running in and out of all the little buildings. He now gets super excited whenever he sees or hears a train.
 |
| Mesmerized with papa on the trainride |
 |
| Took a little bathroom break |
 |
| Exploring the train depot |
- First 5K. Okay. Maybe he slept the whole run, but he endured a 5K. We did the Color Run, which I recommend to anyone. It is such an energetic 5K where everyone sincerely just wants everyone else to benefit from those endorphins of just getting out!
 |
| Before the race |
 |
| Luke tried to run away |
 |
| After |
 |
| Snoozin colored babe |
 |
| Luke got a little blue... |
 |
| Update! Lexi came to the rescue and at least caught the fries being devoured at Rutherford |
- First taste of Rutherford Grill ribs. It had been almost 8 years since I had been to Rutherford Grill and I missed the fall of the bone with barely a nudge ribs. Luke was a fan as well. We were all enjoying our food so much and keeping Luke from destroying the table that we didn't get any pictures. Dallin still thinks this place is mythical since we keep talking about it, never get pictures and he has yet to grace the grill with his presence. Next time.
Daddy was very excited to see us when we got home, as we were him. Poor Luke will walk around looking for "B-B," (Obi), while whispering "Papa" or "Dada" (Nana). At least he got to sit next to and play with Kristi Yamagutchi on the plane ride home. I'm not lying. The kid just attracts greatness.
.JPG) |
| Obi may not have been a fan of the foreign midget invading his home, but that did not stop Luke from swooning over him |
We had so much fun and loved getting to spend some time with family. We left just in time! There was a little earthquake the morning we left, but our thoughts and prayers are with all Napkins as they recover from the big one this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment