Sunday, November 16, 2014

Interview with a Green: Foods I'm Grateful for...

With Thanksgiving, the holiday that revolves around food, we thought it would be fun to write about the foods we are grateful for. You know, those foods that you sometimes dream about...Get ready to salivate!

Dallin:
  •  Shrimp - Jumbo size shrimp with coconut batter. Had these at a work event as appetizers. I skipped the main course and just munched on these. Absolutely, positively one of the best foods ever.
  • Doritos - When it comes to chips, these stand out above all the rest. The the cheese fingers at the end are a pleasant surprise.
  • Hamburgers - Every time we go out to eat and I can't decide what to get, this is my default. It is hard to mess up a hamburger, but if they do, I don't have much enthusiasm to come back.
  • Steak - A good steak is quite the treat. Of course you have to have mash potatoes to go along with it.
  • Fish and Chips - This is more of a craving I think. The tartar sauce is more important than the actual fish is. NZ got me hooked on this delicious treat.
  •  Sushi - Not the real raw stuff, but the rolls that are filled with hot fried shrimp, crab, and cayenne pepper, smothered in sauce.


Kelli:
  • Brussel Sprouts - I recently discovered these, thanks to the sister-in-law. Before you cringe your nose, if they are fresh and cooked right, these often frowned upon veggies are mouth watering!
  • Laffy-taffy - Guilty pleasure food, for sure. I can't help but get excited when we have Laffy Taffy. The flavor, the jokes, the chewiness...it all is a recipe for dancing taste buds. 
  • These pork-chops. Let me just say, we discovered these about 2 months ago and I have made them about 4 times since. They are  DELICIOUS, especially with some garlic potatoes.
  • Peaches. Especially when it is summertime and they are just perfect, my mouth waters with anticipation every time I cut into one.
  • Grandma Dunning's Cherry Pie. No one makes it quite like her, even when following her recipe. I swear she spits in it or does something to make it extra good.
  • Asparagus. Another that I was not a huge fan of until I figured out how to prepare it. I now love when it is asparagus season.
  • Arugula. This slightly peppery leafy goodness is a new one on the list as of about a year ago. Goes good with SO many things! We even grew it in our garden this year.
  • Pudding. Another guilty pleasure. Every time I eat it, I remember as kids having pudding fart wars with my siblings and dad. Looking back, we probably made such a mess, but it made for good memories. 
  • Thai food. I recently discovered GOOD curry and am obsessed. Salt Lake may not have a whole lot to offer regarding good food (remember I'm kind of a food snob growing up in Napa and all...), but they do have yummy Thai food. Especially pineapple curry. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Luke:
  • Cheese - enough said
  • Apples - can't resist the sweet, cripiness. Even if I don't have molars, yet and choke sometimes, I can't stop eating apples.
  • Niminims - for those of you that don't speak Lukenese, this is translated as M&M's. Mom was holding out on me with these gems!
  • Yogurt -  even better now that I can smear it everywhere when mom and dad let me use the spoon.
  • Grapes (and really any produce)- I like to play Chubby Bunny with grapes. Freaks dad out when I get 5 or 6 in there, but that just adds to the wonderfulness of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...