This past week we got more snow than I have ever seen in the 6 years I have lived in Utah. Yes, I have lived in Utah for 6 years. That is about 5 more than I thought I would be living here, but it has been good to us. Back to the storm, whcih apparently had been named "Echo," only no one in Utah knew that. We found out from out of staters who saw it on the news. I find that funny.
 |
"The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave a lustre of midday to objects below..."
|
 |
| Shoveling date at 9PM |
It started Sunday night around 11PM and by 6:30AM the next morning, Dallin was shoveling over a foot of snow with our neighbors. By noon, our neighbor brought his truck plow over to plow our driveway since there was so much snow. The grand total we got here in Bountiful was 25 inches! That is the most the Wasatch front had seen from this storm. Salt lake got 8 inches which was the next most. I loved not having to go anywhere and getting to have Dallin come home early from work due to winter storm warnings.
 |
| Our snowman! |
 |
| Caleb staying nice and warm inside |
 |
| 7:30AM |
 |
| Looks cold, right? |
So, we stayed in most of the week since I abhor driving in the snow. The boys built with legos, we made a cotton ball santa, which Luke maticulously put his beard on all by himself, drank lots of cocoa, delivered Christmas goodies and attempted homemade coffee soap. Fun was had by all! Even if mom lost a few marbles from being homebound...
 |
| My heart |
 |
| He insists on having a blanket at breakfast |
 |
| When you don't have a coffee maker... |
 |
| Caleb got a new high chair and loves acting like a big boy in it |
 |
| Luke discovered Nutella |
 |
| Delivering treats HOURS before the snow came |
 |
| Out the front door |
 |
| Cocoa! |
 |
| Sunset over the snow...gorgeous way to start the day! Especially when we are up at 5:30AM... |
Hopefully, everyone has this smile as we enter Christmas week! We hope all remember the reason for the season. We know our Savior lives and are grateful he came to earth to be our exemplar and Savior. Pure joy, happiness and infinite healing for any pains are found through Him. Merry Christmas! We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment