Wow. A lot happened in November which leaves me a little overwhelmed to play catch up. We started the month with a lovely stomach bug that had Luke waking up in the middle night crying that he was "So messy." This was the kid's first experience with vomiting, so he was a little confused as to what was happening. The duration of the night was spent with him informing us about every hour that he had to throw up, usually after he had already leaked a little bile on his sheets and floor, ending with me just laying in bed with him. I secretly loved the snuggles since my little Lukey is not a big cuddler. Luckily, our calendar looked like this, barely naything going on, which has not happened since Caleb was born!
 |
| Little sicky enjoying some Little Mermaid |
 |
| LOTS of jammie days happened |
 |
| The last thing he had before the stomach bug proclaimed residence |
 |
| We are STILL working on not squishing Caleb with love |
 |
| This picture kills me |
 |
| Cozy days! |
 |
| My snuggle bug who loves his fingers |
After the bug had made it's way through Luke, myself and D, we emerged from our quarantine to have some holiday fun. Dallin and Luke raked up the termendous amount of leaves we had in our backyard, which quickly became the best entertainment ever for Luke. We may have just left the leaves all month, raking them once a week in order to entertain Luke...
 |
| Luke thouroughly enjoyed the leaves |
 |
| Makes you itchy, huh? |
I'm still pumping about 4-5 times a day, 20-30 minutes each time, which allows PLENTY of time for Luke to get into mischeif. MOST of the time he is pretty good, doing activities that are perfectly wodnerful like puzzles, cars or reading. There are a few times, though, that it gets a little too quiet and I walk into scenes like this once I finish pumping:
 |
| Mischief in them eyes, I tell ya! |
Dallin attempted "No Shave November," again...One day, honey. One day.
Most of the month was enjoyed just not doing anything, hanging out at home with the occasional trip to Target or Smith's. It was just what we needed after a hectic October, preceding an even more hectic December.
 |
| These boys... |
 |
| And these boys! Caleb adores Luke. He gets so excited when he sees him and is starting to try and play with him. All I can say on Luke's behalf is, "Karma, buddy. Karma." |
 |
| Yeah...he likes to nibble Caleb's toes and fingers. Again, "Karma..." |
 |
| We came across these awesome glasses in the dollar section at Target. Caleb rocks them the best out of all of us! |
 |
| That tongue made a usual appearance for about 3 weeks until we connected his new oral motor exercises with it. |
 |
| Mom and Lukey selfies/dance party while making dinner |
 |
| He exudes joy and energy |
 |
| So does he. |
 |
| Guys. This face is too much for me sometimes. I often just grab him and squeeze him. Maybe that's why Luke does the same. |
Towards the end of the month, I was going a little crazy having these boys all day long, in the house, so Dallin took them up to McCammon for a much needed getaway for all parties involved on the farm while I stayed home and caught up on housework and Fixer Upper.
 |
| Caleb's getup for the drive to Idaho |
 |
| Luke scouted out Grandma's secret stash of M&M's pretty quickly. He is an M&M hound dog! I will try to sneak some, ever so quietly and he still will come running in the room frantically calling, "I want some too, mom!" |
 |
| Grandpa's first selfie |
 |
| Gorgeous McCammon |
 |
| Grandma got to play dress up with Caleb in some of Danny and Jason's old stylish outfits. |
 |
| King of the mountain Luke! Always with the branches... |
The next week was my papa's funeral that I got to attend. When I got home, I was greeted by my sweet boys in handmade shirts. Caleb's said, "My mom makes the best milk," which I needed since I dumped 100oz while I was in Colorado. Yes, in 3 days, 100oz of milk. Luke's said, "We love mommy." It was the perfect homecoming!
 |
| While in Colorado, Katy picked me up from the airport so I could see her and meet her sweet little babe! My heart was so full of love for this Italian stud muffin |
The day after I got back from Colorado was Thanksgiving, which we hosted at our house. This was my second time hosting Thanksgiving, my first without my mom walking me through everything. Well, at least not physically. I still had her on the phone a bit. The first time I hosted was in our teeny tiny basement apartment kitchen, which I now have NO clue how we did that with how much space I took up preparing this year's.
We had grandma and grandpa Green, uncle Loel and the Jared Green clan. It was small and perfect with PLENTY of delicious food.
 |
| The turkey beanie reappeared! |
 |
| The sperad. |
 |
| The clean-up |
The day after, we got out all the Christmas decorations and got our lovely tree. Have to get the most out of them all!
 |
| Luke pretending to hide like Momo the dog with our Christmas blanket |
 |
| putting up ornaments |
 |
| In awe of the lights |
 |
| Green Tree 2015! |
 |
| Snuggling up with papa bear reading "The Night Before Christmas." Wore out his batteries in two days. |
 |
| Pictures by the tree |
 |
| Love these faces |
The next week, grandma and grandpa Green came down for another visit to go to the temple lights at Temple Square as well as watch the kiddos while Dallin and I went on a date to the Bar J Wranglers. We had never heard of them before and were a little weary, given the name, but when the in-laws get you tickets AND offer to babysit, you don't question them. We are more than pleased to report that the Bar J Wranglers are amazing. We left with smiles from ear to ear and a desire to go see them on their ranch in Jacksonhole. Dallin even got an admirer WITH his quasi eye. He has a way with the older ladies.
 |
| Temple lights were phenomenal this year |
 |
| We could NOT get Luke to stay still. I am very tempted to buy a backpack leash for this child. |
 |
| Dallin's favorite display |
 |
| We even got to catch the fire fountain display at City Creek |
 |
| Snug as a bug Caleb just looked at me with these eyes the whole time |
 |
| Luminarias with nativity scenes = love! |
 |
| Grandpa is excited for the lights |
 |
| Love this man of mine |
 |
| When the flames started on the fountain show... |
 |
| Thi slooks safe |
 |
| The quasi eye made a grand return! We found out while at Caleb's opthamology appointment, because they were all very intrigued by the eye, that it is a cold sore on his eye. On the flip side, Caleb's eyes are fantastic so far. |
 |
| Can you believe that is a cold sore?! |
 |
| Before our lives were made forever better by the Bar J Wranglers |
 |
| There they are! |
Carol and Erban then took Luke and I to the Festival of Trees. I had not been since I first moved to Utah and my then roomie/wonderful amazing woman, Courtney convinced me to go. I was a bit of a sourpatch kid that night and did not enjoy it that much. However, without a headache following an awful day at work, as well as seeing Christmas through a child's eyes, I enjoyed it much more this go around. I also really got all the feels with the sweet pictures the donators put with their trees. I guess after having a more personal interaction with Primary Children's Hospital these past few months, my heart grew a few sizes bigger for those sweet children and the wonderful people at Primary's. I apologize to Courtney for being lame and thank you for still loving me.
 |
| Had to capture the Bronco tree |
 |
| Tree of Misfit Toys |
 |
| Luke's favorite tree display, of course featured a giant plane |
 |
| Getting Caleb snuggles that night while everyone else went to the Lehmitz Christmas party |
 |
| Meanwhile, at the Lehmitz Christmas Party... |
 |
| Kiwis are now one of Luke's favorite fruits because of this mark of genius marketing. |
 |
| Christmas card out tkaes! |
Our credit union had a special for Zoo light tickets so of course we had to go. A WHOLE family outing for a grand total of $7?! Yes, please! Sadly, it started to rain right when we got in line for tickets which resulted in a quick run through of only a quarter of the zoo. We got to see Santa's workshop, the train and some animal lights which entertained us all and we didn't get anybody pneumonia. That's what I call a good night.
 |
| Dad and Luke at Santa's workshop |
 |
| With sweet Caleb by Santa's sleigh |
 |
| Luke's favorite display |
 |
| Can you tell Luke was a little unhappy with the cold rain and the fact that we strapped him into a stroller so that he would not run away? |
Up next: The snowstorm of 2015!
Kelli, I love your blog! You are such a good writer and I love seeing all of these beautiful pics of your cute boys! Luke is hilarious and I can just see Nathan getting into all kids of mischief when this next babe makes its entrance. Also, Dallin's no shave November! Haha...so good. So so good. Or is it bad? Also, that cold sore on his eye!? Crazy! I didn't know that was a thing!
ReplyDelete100oz! Holy smokes. Also I totally have a monkey backpack with a tail that also acts like a leash. I have never used but if you want it I will totally send it to you! My mom bought it for me years ago as a joke.
ReplyDelete