Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Merry and Bright

Whew! What a whirlwind of a season. It is still sinking in that Christmas and New Year's has come and gone. Weren't we just dying of heat in our kiddie pool in the backyard yesterday?

Our Christmas plans changed last minute when I woke up at 2am with a fever, aching, clogged milk duct and pretty sure I was dying. I honestly have never felt so sick in my life. After talking it over with Dallin and Google, we decided I had Mastitis and needed to get a prescription as soon as my doctor's office opened at 9am. This put a damper on our plans to leave at 4am for Napa in order to beat the nasty storm coming through later that day. I called my doctor's office at 9 o' clock on the dot, talked to his head nurse, who knows me quite well and called in my prescription immeadiately after she confirmed that if I felt like I was dying, she agreed it was most likely Mastitits. We decided we would go the long route through Paso Robles, see the Parlets, then head up to Napa the following day. It added an extra 10 hours onto our trip, but we avoided the snow, got to see our loves and I got my drugs which started to help within 24 hours.
Our house before we left...disaster zone
Luke and Caleb got to open a few presents before leaving from grandma Bev and auntie Terri. This was included. Assembly required...
Well worth the assembly stress

Quick visit to the ENT before our trip

The Vegas route is a little more eye pleasing

"You're taking me where?!"
About 4 hours in...
He really was remarkable well behaved the whole car ride

Making sugar cookies with cousing Hayley

SO stoked to have some Cal Poly gear thanks to aunt Katelyn

Guys. We need a dog.

Roo getting in on the cookie action


When we finally made it to Napa, we were greeted with our traditional crab dinner. This was a welcome surprise since we were under the impression that we would not be getting crab since bay area crab was diseased with contaminated algae. Even though it was not bay area King crab, it was still delicious.
Nana!


We got to have Loel stay with us a few days

The kiddies then went out and put together our luminarias, then we all slipped into a much welcomed slumber, dreaming of sugar plums and reindeer.
Serious luminaria assembly

ALL the stockings hung with care. Santa got a donut this year, carrots for the reindeer and cheese for Santa Mouse

Christmas morning was perfect. We were greeted with Luke saying, "Thank you, Santa!" as we bugged auntie Lexi to open his monster trucks and put all the batteries in them. All he asked for when we would ask him what he wanted Santa to bring him were slippers, so he was excited to find that Santa had, indeed brought him Lightening McQueen slippers.
Christmas snuggles with Loel

Santa did good




After a quick Christmas morning at mama B's, we caravaned over to papa B's for Christmas morning number 2. Luke was not disappointed to find race tracks and more Lightening there. Caleb was happy as a clam to be snuggled by Karli with his light up toys.
Lexi's favorite gift of the day. 'Merica

Karli and Caleb were BFFs

Racetracks! Entertainment for all

Uncle Bub's cool new jacket


Sweet scarf, Caleb

Snack time. We get hangry

For papa B's 53rd celebration, we had some amazing tri-tip (thank you Brown's Valley Market), and, of course, THE chocolate cake. Luke helped blow out the candles, Caleb snuggled with whomever got to steal him and we all enjoyed a nice Christmas.




Helping papa open presents

Waiting for cake

Waiting for cake


These candles have gotten good use over the years...




Playing with papa's lights

Snuggles with Will...not quite sure

The following day, the Parlets and Danny came up to play. We had a quick, delicious dinner with them, then gobbled up some Ben & Jerry's and ventured home to play Ticket to Ride. Well, most of the clan did. Katie, my mom and I just chatted while getting bits of the game including Loel busting out some movie worthy smack talk while Roo gave warnings to those making unwise choices. It was a great evening.



Entertainment of the day. A melting Snowman

At dinner with Katie, Lexi and mama B

Loel got comfy

Putting a puzzle together with nana. This kid is a puzzle machine!

Uncle Danny!


Ice cream with the clan

The clan

Playing Ticket to Ride aka the most stressful game ever

Just chillin

Ticket to Ride

That night, I don't know what happened, but my neck started tightening up which has resulted in a week of intense neck and shoulder pain centralizing in my left trap. It is not as bad as it was, but still pretty sore and tight. I even went to a chiropractor on my most desperate day of pain. Any ideas what happened?! Or how to fix it?!

Monday, Dallin and I got to go on a little date with aunt Terri to see the new Star Wars movie while the kiddos played to their heart's content with Nikki, nana and the cousins. We also took family photos which we had not taken with all of us since 2008. Honestly. That is a long time for family photos, guys!

Sneak peek at family photos

This makes me laugh

We went to the Jelly Belly factory on Tuesday with the Senelicks where all were captivated by the little bean's manufacturing story. Dallin ate a skunk jelly bean, Luke got lost (he was in the red car, thank the heavens there was a red car!), and fun was had all around.

I'm in excruciating pain at this point

These tracks have provided hours of entertainment for all ages


Wednesday, we loaded back into the good ol' Hyundai and headed back to Utah, the short route. I'm telling you, it was a whirlwind of a trip, but so worth it. It had been a long time since all the Baldwin siblings had been together. Although my body decided to revolt against me the whole trip, it was a good visit. We sure do love all our siblings (Baldwin and Green!)





Happy to be home for the New Year!


 We hope everyone had a great holiday season. Here is to 2016! Dallin and I discussed how odd years have held all of our excitement (getting married, having Luke, new jobs, having Caleb) and even years seem to be pretty mellow. We are kind of hoping for this trend to continue into 2016. We are a little tired...but LOVED 2015. We love you. We love our Savior. Life is glorious and beautiful with all of it's ups and downs and in betweens.


1 comment:

  1. I was having terrible neck pain too. Not as bad as what yours sounds like. I too went to the Chiropractor. Turns out the muscles that connect my neck and head had cartilage build up on them. So he put intense pressure on my muscles and moved my head around. It felt like I might barf but it really helped. It took a couple of visits my I have not had intense neck pain since.

    ReplyDelete

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...