Wednesday, April 20, 2016

March Madness, Part 1

As I start this, the phrase, "The days are long but the years are short," keeps running through my head. There are days where I honestly do not know how I will make it to 5:30pm. But then, all of a sudden, it is April 2016...almost MAY! I'll be honest. When it has been this long between posts, I feel a little overwhelmed to catch up on everything and just pretend the blog is all up to date and will magically be printed in our annual family yearbook. It could happen. Or I open it up to find Dallin has secretly been keeping it current...that would be pretty sweet *hint, hint...* But, alas, neither of these miracles happen. Plus, I really do enjoy updating it once I get to finally sit down and commit to writing.

Without further ado, here is our whirlwind of a March!


 We started out the month with a lovely, nasty adenovirus. Luke would come into our room 2-3 times a night, asking for water and just wanting to sleep with us. The poor babe had a sore throat and just felt yucky. He never wants to sleep with us and rarely wakes up at night. He then would take naps, wake up and come fall asleep on me on the couch and be so so sad if I was holding Caleb when he woke up because all he wanted to do was just snuggle. THIS is how I really knew he was not feeling well. The child has never wanted to do that in his entire life. He got better after a week, but then my sweet Caleb got it. He was just so so sad, which is completely out of character for him. I would set him down and he would just whimper and whine until I loved on him again. It was rough. Especially one night while we were in Colorado (I'll get to that trip, don't you fret!).  He was just so sad, couldn't sleep...I finally ended up giving him some Tylenol and he fell asleep for longer than 45 minutes. I almost took him to an Urgent Care center...but there was also a blizzard blowing outside so I prayed with all my might the Tylenol would help, and it did. Anyway, I am beyond grateful my babies survived this awful illness and that Dallin and I miraculously did not get it (poor nana did, though), and will be complete hermits next winter, FYI.


I secretly loved every night of this week that he snuggled in to me

So sleepyy!

My mommy heart was so sad for this little love

Getting oxygen levels and lungs checked. Look how sad his eyes are!

Good thing they had each other to help me take care of them. Calvin and Hobbes is a new favorite around here.
On March 11th, Dallin and I got to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. The Greens came down and watched the boys while Dallin took me to a favorite restaurant, Ruth's Diner, where he had a little guessing game for me to guess three gifts I could choose from. I could choose between a Luke Bryan concert, a spa day in Park City or big plants for our house. I have been wanting big plants for a LONG time, so I chose them!

Our new Elephant Ear family member! 
The week after Luke got better, my mom came out and we drove down to Colorado for a week. Poor Caleb got the crud the day before we left, but his doctor said he was okay, so we still set out at 5am for the drive through Wyoming. The second day we were there, a huge blizzard decided it wanted in on the fun. It started in the middle of the night and did not let up until about 6pm. I mean, crazy winds, SNOW galore, no one on the road blizzard. We spent the day inside with grandma Dunning, playing with all her toys and cleaning for her a bit. Kind of put a damper on our visiting plans to everyone, but we were able to still squeeze in them all in the next day. Including a visit from Lexi, who shoveled for her very first time!

Got some hot chocolate and donuts at Little America

When you need a bottle warmer on a road trip, hot water will have to do!

Getting snacks at Walmart

"Can I just a have sip of your shamrock shake, nana?" Rookie move, nana. 

The sun was in his eyes so nana made a tent, which he fell asleep under.


Can you tell which way the wind was blowing?


Oh how this boy loves his auntie Lexi


Waiting for Katy and Patrick. He decided he wanted to try on a big seatbelt

My poor sickie

Oh, Wyoming

Classic travel famelfie! Luke is in the shadows.
 Dallin played in a curling competition with some work buddies one night. This was his second time playing, but he enjoys it! Luke enjoyed climbing the bleachers.
Can you see Dallin in the blurriness?


In between excitement, we just find the humor each day. Especially since Luke has been full-swing threenager this month. Oh man, people. He knows my buttons and pushes them all.day.long....
Oh, you know, just climbing on the counters, playing with can openers

More climbing

Poor Caleb

Grandma Green shared her play-dough recipe with us and has been a lifesaver

Jammin'

Forts with Calvin and Hobbes keep him out of trouble for a few minutes
Mr. Curious numero dos

"Mom. I need a towel to clean up this mess." Terrifying words to hear while putting the baby down for a nap in the other room

Caleb's first swing. He would close his eyes each time he came forward

Walked in after a shower to this...

He stayed in it for a good hour

Park days! 
Caleb enjoyed his beets, even if he looked like a zombie

Oh he melts me

Just a little babybun!
As fancy as we get for St. Patrick's day. Dad of the year went to three different stores looking for Lucky Charms.

We'll finish up the rest of March in another post so that this is not a marathon post. Plus, who knows what Luke is doing...eating Caleb's nose...licking my table...fishing with a belt...

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...