Thursday, August 25, 2016

AUGUST!!!

At the beginning of August, Dallin got to go on a four day backpacking trip with the High Adventure group. They hiked the Cirque of the Towers along the Wind River mountain range in Wyoming. He came back with 6 blisters on his feet, sore shoulders and lots of stories. I think he had a good time and the pictures make me ALMOST want to go one day. The stories of how difficult it was make me hesitant...

Seriously, though. Look how breathtaking the pictures are! That means in real life it is even more phenomenal. Also, I survived four days without him, alone with the boys. That is kind of monumental! It actually was a lot easier than I was anticipating. Regardless, we missed him greatly and were excited to have him home!


At the top of Jackass Pass

First Campsite

I guess Dallin had a rough start to fishing, not catching anything while everyone else would put their line in, get a fish right off the bat. He eventually got them to start biting his line!

This was at the top of Texas Pass, one of the toughest climbs he has ever done. No trail, switchbacks or path of any kind. Purely bouldering up this beast. The young men made it before him so he was left alone with the local wildlife (some sort of rock rodents) to cheer him on.





Shadow Lake

Not a bad view to wake up to.

Walking the road to Mordor.









Sweet sweet bliss.



What about second breakfast??


Got a little cold and rainy and snowy
Papa came to visit for a weekend of fun filled with the Dinosaur Park in Ogden, a hike to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon, seeing The Secret Life of Pets and yummy food. We went to Bridal Veil Falls right after Dallin got back from his trip so his feet were a little sore. However, after wading in that freezing water, they were almost completely better! Healing powers in those falls, I tell ya!
Despite his face, papa was excited to have a nice cup of coffee at Blue Copper

During this movie, anytime an exciting part would happen, Caleb would scream with excitement. It reminded me of the scene in Hocus Pocus when the witch turns on the baby commercial.


Such a pretty place

Brad and Luke climbed a good ways up the falls. Look at that climbing form!

Caleb was not a fan of the freezing cold water



Always trying to grab the sunglasses or hats

Love that squishy face


Joe cool


Finally made it back down, MUCH dirtier than when he went up


Can't ever pass up sno-cones

 We finally made it to the splash pad in Foxboro a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it and the connecting park. We met our good friends, the Smathers there to play for an afternoon and these silly babies had a blast getting soaked. Before this, both were super timid about splash pads. Together, they conquered those hesitancies and loved every minute.
Caleb, Luke and Aspen enjoying the warm cement 

SO much I love about this photo. Caleb's fake smile, Luke licking the ground, Aspen's sweet face, Boon dog and snakey Junebug in the back. Perfect afternoon.

Took some convincing, but we finally got them to realize how good the warm cement felt on their shivering bods!

Lexi stopped in for a few hours on her drive back to Colorado from California. We ate donuts, played outside and had a dance party. Luke then felt the need to call everyone after she left to tell them that we got to see auntie Lexi. Aunt Terri was not amused. He also woke up from his nap crying, asking where Lexi went.

Preeeety much sums up their relationship


"Luke, what how does Lightening smile?" 

"Smile, Caleb!"
Lately, since Caleb has been more mobile, crawling on all fours (SO proud of him!), he and Luke have been teaming up against me in making mischief. I'll be cooking dinner or cleaning and THINK they are looking at books nicely because that is how I left them, only to find them cohorting with one kind of trouble or another. Luckily they are cute.


I was baking and was greeted with all our nicely folded clothes turned into a pile of "dirt" as Luke and Caleb were "Big diggers scooping them up."

One night they were both wide awake at 10:30pm, just jabbering. So, we took them out of bed and gave them a snack...both were asleep within 10 minutes of said snack.

This kid LOVES Jelly Belly jelly beans


The boys were looking pretty shabby, so we had a haircut day! Luke was deathly afraid of hair clippers, but I despise scissor cutting the whole head. Papa came through and bribed him with Jelly beans to get the job done. I think he looks super handsome and so grown up! The real test will be to see if he lets me use the clippers again...

After his haircut. I love how his eyes are saying, "What just happened?!"

Enjoying his well deserved jelly beans


Shaggy Caleb before...

Clean cut, handsome babe!
 We have been yard saleing just for fun on Saturdays because, why not?! Plus, Luke really enjoys it. We hardly ever buy anything, but one Saturday we found this old dresser for $30!! I had to buy it since I instantly envisioned it as a new TV console. Good thing Dallin has faith in my visions even when he doubts that they will work!


Before....
After! I am most proud of the shelf I built to hold the DVD player and such. Whole project cost = $95
We are beyond excited to head to the Danny-Lauren Green wedding next week in SLO. A MUCH needed vacation in paradise.

Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...