Courtney and I baked up a storm on Thursday. We made sugar cookies, peanut butter-chocolate chip sandwhich cookies, s'more brownies, thin mints, and fudge. I have trouble with fudge. This was my third attempt at making it, and it didn't set, again. It set a little more than last year, so I'm thinking one of these days I will get it. We got creative and decided to just give it in little containers for people to use a ice cream topping. Still delicious!
Monday was my work Christmas party at Bucca-de-Beppo. That was amazingly good. I love their food. Saturday, we got two free tickets to the University of Utah vs. Illinois State basketball game, second row. We were right behind the Illinois State players. Utah lost, but it was still pretty fun. The Utah fans were out of control! The ref, at one point told them that if they didn't sit down they would be kicked out of the game. Naturally, they moved back a row and continued but since it was not the same row, they could not be removed. There was one guy that would just scream like a little girl everytime Illinois had a free throw shot. Courtney and I were actually concerned that he could scream like he did. We also opened our Christmas presents from each other; I got my wheat! I have been wanting food storage wheat for a long time (long story) and Courntey got me some for Christmas! As well as some very yummy potato pearls.
Season finale of So You Think You Can Dance was last week and it was a happy day! One of our favorites, Russell, won. Way to go Amercia for voting for him. He really is an amazing dancer. Originally a krumper, he was able to do contemporary and ballroom as if he had had professional training his whole life. Simply amazing.
Take time to sit back and reflect on your year and all you have to be grateful for, as well as the true meaning of Christmas. I know that has helped me a lot in these crazy weeks as of late. Also, take time to watch at least one of the classic holiday movies. A few of my favorites:
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Elf
- Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- It's a Wonderful Life
- White Christmas
- Burl Ives claymation shows
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Nativity
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and safe travels!

No comments:
Post a Comment