I take my car in tomorrow to get fixed. It will be so nice to have a good looking behind again. Courtney and I put on our first ward activity on Friday. It was a success! No major malfunctions, everything came together nicely, and, as far as we know, everyone really enjoyed themselves. The activity was "Mr. 17th Ward," a pageant for guys in our ward. There were 5 contestants, who we chose based on personality and who we thought would be good crowd pleasers. They were judged by our panel of 4 judges on:
- a video interview, which consisted of them taking us around their house, MTV Cribs style
- a platform on how, if made Mr. 17th Ward, they would make the ward better
- talent-we had everything from a dance medly with crowd participation to do "Jesus Wants Me for Sunbeam" with them to ribbon dancing to midgit dancing to a magic show
- datewear-the contestants came out dressed in their favorite date attire and had to tell what their favorite date to take a girl on is and why
- interview questions which they pulled randomly out of a jar
The winner definitely deserved it! He was excited from the beginning to do the pageant and was the most enthusiastic throughout the whole process. It was a lot of fun to get to know the guys a little better as well as have everyone enjoy all the hard work we put into it. One of the best parts were the donuts that Courtney got. They were GOURMET! Crazy flavors like chocolate chip pumpkin, key lime, coconut, etc. etc. They were delicious. Our next activity? "Redneck Roadkill: a murder mystery dinner."
Dallin moves out the last week of February. Should be fun. I gave him and his brother, Danny, the personlity test that has been Courtney and mine's new favorite ice breaker. Here it is. Do it, and I will put up what each thing means next time I post.
The weather is still all over the map. Ready for it to make up its mind and be a little warmer.
Dallin moves out the last week of February. Should be fun. I gave him and his brother, Danny, the personlity test that has been Courtney and mine's new favorite ice breaker. Here it is. Do it, and I will put up what each thing means next time I post.
- Write down your favorite color and four adjectives to describe it (for the less literate, adjectives are describing words)
- Write down your favorite animal and four adjectives to describe it
- Write down a body of water and four adjectives to describe it
- Imagine yourself in a completely white room, alone, with now windows and doors. Write down four adjectives to describe how you feel
The weather is still all over the map. Ready for it to make up its mind and be a little warmer.
No comments:
Post a Comment