I announced our next ward activity today, a "Mullet Mystery Dinner," which is a hillbilly themed murder mystery dinner. I used my southern accent (thank you trips to North Carolina as a child) and everyone loved it! I even got a comment from on gent who said he served his mission in Oklahoma and my accent was dead on. Quite an accomplishment! The dinner will be baked potatoes, grits, watermelon, pie, the works. It should be a lot of fun.
On Friday, I went to the Sports Mall in Murray with Braden (who's birthday was a couple of weeks ago which allowed me to make an AMAZING caramel turtle cake) and his roommates. The Sports Mall is this HUGE building with different areas for all sorts of sports. Due to the large amount of people there, the only sport we were able to play was dodge ball. Turns out, I am very talented at dodging the ball, not so much catching them and getting people out with them. Our first game, I dodged like a pro only to realize I was the last one standing on my team. This elicited a feeling of panic followed by the need to catch a ball to get one of my teammates back in the playing area. As I went to catch a ball, I was hit in the leg by another (there were still 4 players on the other team). I turn around to see the group watching cheering at my mad dodging skills. What can I say? I'm a woman of many talents.
No plans for Valentine's Day other than seeing the movie "Valentine's Day" with Courtney (her lover will be out of town on a cruise). My car is still in the shop. Keep your fingers crossed it gets fixed, soon! Excited for the three day weekend. Thank you, Presidents!
Oh yeah! I almost forgot. The intepretations for the personality quiz:
Color = how you feel about yourself
Animal = traits you like in a companion
Body of water = how you like your sex life
White room = how you feel about death



No comments:
Post a Comment