Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Love Means Never Having to Say..."

In honor of the day of love, I have had the desire to watch "Love Story," the ultimate, well, love story movie. I was first introduced to this movie when, as a junior in high school, I used it as my theme for my tea table in the Junior Miss pageant. Definitely one of those movies to watch when you think your emotions are dead. One quaff I have with it, however, is the famous phrase from it, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." For me, I think that saying sorry, a sincere apology, is a very admirable trait and shows the person you may have hurt how much you respect and care for them. This put aside, "Love Story" is a pretty swell flick that is very appropriate for the day of love.

My Junior Miss Tea Table


It is official. I have a Utah driver's license. Not much to brag about since the driver's test to get one when coming from another state is open book...all of it. Not to mention, the questions they ask on the test really have no relevance to driving itself. A large majority of them had to do with insurance, bike, or motorcycle laws. No wonder Utah drivers have such a hard time following traffic laws! Anyway, I passed with flying colors, took my score up to the desk where they had my California license held captive and then proceeded to mercilessly punch two holes in it. It was a sad day. No more picture of me when I was 15 with my hair slicked back making me look like I was bald, wearing the ever so fashionable collared shirt with overalls. It was a classic.

Poor Cali lisence

I tried a couple of ebay bids last night, mainly because the majority of jeans I have, I have had since I was in high school and people sell nice jeans on ebay for dirt cheap. Anyway, I was hopeful on a pair that I was less than a minute away from winning for $35 when suddenly, I was outbid! Ruthless ebay vultures must sit and wait for the last possible second to bid on items so they win. Do not worry, I'm learning the ropes and will get a good pair of jeans sooner or later for the price that fits my budget. Watch out ebay vultures!

Courtney and I had our first tennis lesson yesterday. There were about 20 people in the class, with 3 instructors. They broke up the class into 2 groups when it came time to practicing the new techniques we learned. I felt that I got really good feedback and was able to improve within that 1.5 hour session. I also learned that I am a one-handed-back hand hitter. That was very exciting for me to learn for some reason.

Big news of the week (other than Dallin will be here in 8 days!) I have decided to enroll in on-line courses at St. Cloud University to get my BCaBA. That is a certificate to further me in my job and allow me to take on more responsibilities in assessing children as well as forming programs for them. I will be taking 3 classes over the next year and half to qualify to take the test to be certified. One class a semester, mainly due to money and time allowance. It should be fun and I'm excited to further my education in this field.

It is the day of love, so here are 10 things I love:

1. Morning runs after it has rained. Nothing better than the clean, moist air the rain leaves.

2. Orchids. They are such happy, beautiful flowers that take minimal care to keep alive (thanks to mama B's ice cube trick).

3. Good friends that you know are there whenever you need them and can call just to say "hi" and they know exactly what to say.

4. Family. I have no clue where I would be without the love and support of my family. The values they have taught me are why I am who I am today. I also love that we can joke around with one another and just thouroughly enjoy one another's company.

5. Cooking. This is a fairly new love as of about 2 years ago. I love cooking, anything and everything. Trying new recipes and reading cookbooks (yes, I enjoy reading cookbooks) is simply bliss.

6. Music-every genre, in every form.

7. Chocolate. Very cliche, but true nonetheless

8. Stars. I miss star gazing on the beach or in the mountains. Can't see very many stars in the city. Whenver I think I have found a bright star in the city, I am quickly corrected and told it is a plane. Humerous after it has happened MULTIPLE times!

9. Photography. Not only the act of taking pictures, but also the result. Nothing like being able to look back on past memories, or having great moments caught in the act. Afterall, "a picture is worth 1,000 words."

10. Life. I have bad days, just like everyone else, but the fact that I am alive and healthy with people that love me is enough to keep me going. The ups and downs of life are what keep it exciting and worth living.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...