Saturday, May 1, 2010

Simple Laughs



I giggle everytime I watch this commercial.  Something about the sock monkey getting a sew-on tatoo and the furry thing getting excited in the bowling ally that tickles my funny bone.

Good news of the week:  I finished the first unit in my on-line course I'm taking and got a 93% on the test!  Pretty good if I do say so myself.  Obvioiusly, the procrasitnating paid off...and the sheer entertainment of watching good ol' Jose.

Not so good news of the week: it has been low 50's ALL week, with snow and rain.  I know I talk about the weather in almost every post, but really it does affect my life each day.  On days when it is nice and sunny, I get to sleep in 10 extra minutes. as opposed to the days when it is snowy and gross where I do not get to hit the amazing invention of the snooze button.  Really, it seems like a waste of someone's sheer genius not to hit the snooze button.  Anyway, those 10 minutes in the morning really do make a difference, mainly because that is when I just lay in bed and relax which triggers something in my brain to bring to the forefront the dreams I had the night before.  Those can always be a good laugh to start my day off right.  As mama B says when I tell her some of my dreams, "There is no understanding what goes in on that brain of yours."

It is officially, Baldwin Birthday Week!  I just found out what daddy B (who has recently started calling Dallin "Big D," which he says is better than "Mickey-D..." he has a point) got me.  I'll keep you all on the edges of your seats trying to guess what it is, just because I can.  I'll give you a hint: I once had a dream about this gift.
Be sure to wish the Baldwin kids their happy birthdays this week. Except Brad and Lexi because they are not allowed to turn 17, although I did get Brad a pretty sweet, retro-ish gift.

 Old school pictures in honor of us getting older

This is a classic picture!  Makes me laugh

Also, do not forget that mother's day is in a week.  After dealing with my kids at work, moms definitely deserve to get paid or get awards or free spa days or something.  The little moments of funny sayings or cuddles do compensate a lot, but moms, good moms like mama B, are a special breed and I admire them.  Keep it up moms (that includes grandmas, too)!

Friday, I had the older preschool group at work.  They are the cutest little things when they are not crying to get their way over sillyness, such as not getting to sit in the chair they wanted.  Honestly, a chair is a chair.  Anyway, I decided to bring in Walter the Farting Dog to read to them.   Please know that I adore this series mainly because of the dedication page which reads:

"For anyone who has been 
misjudged or misunderstood"

 Who has not ever felt misjudged or misunderstood?  Plus, my kids loved it.  They laughed through the whole book, which I want to do everytime I read it, but supressed my snorting giggles this time so that the kids could actually understand what I was saying.  After reading the story, TWICE, they wanted to know how I found Walter.  The story is not all that exciting, but they were a captivated audience as I explained to them that I was reading children's books in Barnes and Noble one day, and happened to come across Walter.  It was love at first sight.   I recommend this series, unless you get offended by farting.  Even then, I still encourage you to read at least one book from the series.  You will gain a new appreciation for the little things in life, like farting.


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...