Monday, May 10, 2010

Potatos, Dairy Farms, and...BIRTHDAY CAKE!

I feel like I have been constantly going since last Saturday, literally.  I get up, go to work, then to client's houses to do consults or in-home therapy, then home to watch Jose for a few hours, then to bed so I'm not exhausted the next day to do it all over again.  Even on the weekend!  But, it keeps me out of trouble which I suppose is good...

My birthday weekend was pretty eventful.  Dallin and I woke up bright and early on Saturday to go up to Mt Timpanogas to see the Timpanogas caves.  They were pretty neat, but the stories behind them were pretty funny.  All of them were discovered by people who were just smart enough to climb into a small hole, without light or rope.  One cave was even discoved by 14-year-old boys who wandered away from their family while visiting the first cave.  Poor parents must have been worried!  Reminded me of when i was 5 and wandered away from my family at Myrtle beach.  Let the parents tell you about that experience!  Anyway, regarding the cave discoveries, maybe I'm not adventurous enough, but I would not be too keen on the idea of shimming down a small hole without knowing what is down there or if there is a way out.  Might just be me.


 Utah has its pretty spots
 Ancient lake INSIDE the cave

The hike up to the caves was straight up the side of a mountain about a mile and a half.  We kept up with this older couple, mid-60's, in front of us thinking that if we stayed with them we would not get tired.  Little did we know they hike that mountain three times a week, at an average of 30 minutes to get up.  We had to take more breaks once we found this out because of how exhausted we were.  Got us motivated to get in better shape, that is for sure!

After the caves, I visited my great aunt in the hospital who just had knee surgery at 87-years-old (she is a trooper), and then we left for Idaho.  Yes, Idaho.  Dallin's cousin had just gotten back from his mission in Russia and we went up for his homecoming.  I was pretty excited to go since I had never been to Idaho before, nor had I met the Green side of Dallin's family.  The trip was quick, but it was nice to get to know his grandma and cousins.  He may say otherwise seeing as I may have embarrassed him in front of his cousins by telling them about our first kiss.  He turned red while the story was being told. Keep in mind I was his first kiss after he got back from his mission... a little awkward. Regardless, they said they liked me and begged him to bring me back for the family reunion in July.  Dallin is not so sure he wants to bring me even though I promised I would try to not embarrass him anymore. He secretly loved the attention.

At the border of good ol' Idaho
After visiting with the family, we started for the long, 4 hour drive of farmland and a whole lot of nothing, back to Salt Lake.  Lucky for us, his brother drove so that we could sleep in the back.  Gave us a little taste of what it would be like to be rich and famous with a chauffeur.   To close the trip, we got to see a young adolescent boy peeing towards the road...pants around his ankle and all.  It was something.  All around fun weekend with lots of laughs (including when Dallin pulled his shoulder out of socket while attempting to hang on the "Welcome to Idaho" sign with his brother...poor kid).

Now!  On to what goodies I got for my 23rd birthday:

THE chocolate cake

Daddy B got me TIM MCGRAW tickets. Woot woot!!


Mama B got me a SEWING MACHINE! WOOT WOOT!!

Dallin got me GORGEOUS flowers and a gift card to a day spa.  I think that is for him too because he is tired of having to get the knots out of my back.

Courtney got me a HUGE skillet, as well as got in contact with close family and friends for favorite memories.  Very sweet little notes that had me crying and laughing as I read them before work this morning.

MONEY, MONEY, and MONEY!  Always a crowd pleaser.  

Thank you to ALL who made my birthday amazing! I'm a very lucky girl to have such amazing family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aida is 4!

 Our favorite girl is four! She had four requests for her birthday: 1. waffles and presents for breakfast 2. Auntie Lexi 3. Chips with a san...