Sicily, Italy
Santorini, Greece
Island of Capri
Dance party haha
Dance party haha
Keep in mind Utah is overcast and muggy. I also received this text while trying to stop my fingers from bleeding down my hands after cutting them on a swing giving a child I work with an under-doggie. I felt the pricks, but they were not bleeding when I looked at them. I continued to push my little cutie. However, within a few seconds, I soon felt a warm, wetness on my fingers. I look down and the blood is all the way down my hand! They were just little cuts, but sure did produce a lot of blood that I had to wipe on my pants, due to lack of cleaning materials at the park. I can't believe they would let swings like that go unfixed. Talk about safety concerns for little ones who play at the park. Furthermore, if they know about those swinging dangers, why not put some cleaning cloths next to the doggie-doo-doo pickup bags?!?!
My itty-bitty cut that bled like crazy
Darn cut
At any cost, the cuts would have been more enjoyable in Greece or Turkey or Italy...
Last Saturday, I attempted my first sewing adventure past pillowcases and purses. A dress was the goal...
I turned on Jose, and went to work. I worked on the dress for 6 hours, trying to interpret the pattern, which is a foreign language. I felt like Google should have a "sewing pattern to English" translator. I looked up so many terms, and still did not understand what the thing was telling me to do. Needless to say, I was too stubborn to call mama b to ask her for help because I wanted to prove to everyone I could figure it out on my own. I mean seriously, I have a Bachelor's of Science in Child Development (I had to take some classes that were very similar to home EC), as well as made it through high school without ever getting below a 4.0 GPA. Should be a piece of cake...
Anyway, I gave up on the pattern and decided to figure the dress out based on the shape of the cut outs I had. Bad idea. The monstrosity currently resides in a pile on my floor. Luckily, the fabric and pattern were on sale at good ol' Jo-anns, so all I spent on my fiasco was a grand total of $2.50. Besides, it gave me something to do while listening to Jose. I am attempting a "Very Easy" pattern for a skirt this weekend. I looked at the pattern and it is just my type. LOTS of details and definitions. You know, the ones written for a complete dummy to figure out. It should be a success...let's hope.
My first homemade dress
Other than that, life has been pretty mellow. I get to work solely with the absolutely adorable little preschoolers at work now, which is not as intense as the older kids. They have their moments, but are so stinkin' cute, it is hard to stay upset at them for long. I now understand the phrase "You're lucky you're so cute" on a whole new level.
I'll leave you with a dream I had last night. Any and all insight is welcome. I was in an elevator with my roommate going to the top of a huge building. The whole time I was nervous thinking the higher we got, the more likely it was for the cables to break (there is that college degree at work ha!). Courtney kept saying that was so silly to think. Just then, Al Qaeda (I know, I know...what in the world?) bombed the building, breaking the cables and we fell to the ground, completely unharmed (gotta love dreams). We then went to Human Resources to tell them about what happened, just in case an injury did occur later, we would get compensation from the building. Makes sense. We then went home, with a group of people, and realized that Al Qaeda had taken all of our clothes and food. The rest of the dream was spent figuring out how to get supplies to make it to a safe location. Please, give interpretations...
Tonight I will be curling up with my sugar-dumpling sweetheart (GAG!) to watch Avatar, while eating worms in dirt. A treat that was intended for my kids, but then forgotten at home. Being forgetful pays off sometimes!
Check out this great MSN Video: Little girl gives herself a pep talk
My new morning ritual

No comments:
Post a Comment